|Dates||April 2–April 22, 1947|
|Champions||Philadelphia Warriors (1st title)|
|Runners-up||Chicago Stags (1st finals appearance)|
The 1947 BAA playoffs was the postseason tournament that followed the inaugural Basketball Association of America 1946–47 season. (After its 1948–49 season, the BAA merged with the older National Basketball League to create the National Basketball Association or NBA.) The tournament concluded with the Philadelphia Warriors defeating the Chicago Stags, 4 games to 1, in the BAA Finals.
The six qualified teams all began tournament play on Wednesday, April 2, and the Finals concluded on Tuesday, April 22. Philadelphia and Chicago played 10 and 11 games in the span of 21 days but their final series was compact, five games in seven days.
|First Round||Semifinals||BAA Finals|
|E3||New York Knicks||2|
|E3||New York Knicks||0|
|W2||St. Louis Bombers||1|
There were no byes. Western and Eastern champions Chicago and Washington immediately played a long semifinal series with Washington having home-court advantage. Chicago won the sixth game in Washington one day before Philadelphia concluded its two short series with other runners-up.
|Date||Game Number||Home team||Score||Road team||Venue||Series score|
|April 2||1||Philadelphia Warriors||73–68||St. Louis Bombers||Philadelphia Arena||1–0|
|April 5||2||St. Louis Bombers||73–51||Philadelphia Warriors||St. Louis Arena||1–1|
|April 6||3||St. Louis Bombers||59–75||Philadelphia Warriors||St. Louis Arena||2–1|
|Philadelphia wins series, 2–1|
|Date||Game Number||Home team||Score||Road team||Venue||Series Score|
|April 2||1||Cleveland Rebels||77–51||New York Knicks||Cleveland Arena||1–0|
|April 5||2||New York Knicks||86–74||Cleveland Rebels||Madison Square Garden||1–1|
|April 9||3||New York Knicks||93–71||Cleveland Rebels||Madison Square Garden||1–2|
|New York wins series, 2–1|
- Game 1 @ Washington (April 2): Chicago 81, Washington 65
- Game 2 @ Washington (April 3): Chicago 69, Washington 53
- Game 3 @ Chicago (April 8): Chicago 67, Washington 55
- Game 4 @ Washington (April 10): Washington 76, Chicago 69
- Game 5 @ Chicago (April 12): Washington 67, Chicago 55
- Game 6 @ Chicago (April 13): Chicago 66, Washington 61
- Game 1 @ Philadelphia (April 12): Philadelphia 82, New York 70
- Game 2 @ New York (April 14): Philadelphia 72, New York 53
- Game 1 @ Philadelphia (April 16): Philadelphia 84, Chicago 71
- Game 2 @ Philadelphia (April 17): Philadelphia 85, Chicago 74
- Game 3 @ Chicago (April 19): Philadelphia 75, Chicago 72
- Game 4 @ Chicago (April 20): Chicago 74, Philadelphia 73
- Game 5 @ Philadelphia (April 22): Philadelphia 83, Chicago 80
"1946–47 BAA Season Summary". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
Select "Next Season" from the heading for 1947–48, and so on. Select "Finals" from League Playoffs for the daily schedule of the final series, and so on.