|Dates||7–12 November 2016|
|Total prize fund||£300,000|
|Highest break||John Higgins (143)|
The 2016 Dafabet Champion of Champions was a professional non-ranking snooker tournament that took place between 7 and 12 November 2016 at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, England. It was the fourth staging of the tournament since it was revived in 2013. In the United Kingdom the tournament was broadcast on ITV4.
The breakdown of prize money for 2016 is shown below:
- Winner: £100,000
- Runner-up: £50,000
- Losing semi-finalist: £25,000
- Group runner-up: £10,000
- First round losers: £7,500
- Total: £300,000
Players qualified for the event by winning important tournaments since the previous Champion of Champions. Entry was guaranteed for the defending champion, winners of rankings events and winners of the following non-rankings events: 2016 Masters, 2016 Championship League and 2016 China Championship. Remaining places were then allocated to winners of European Tour events (in the order they were played) and then, if required, to winners of the 2016 Snooker Shoot-Out, 2016 Six-red World Championship and 2016 World Seniors Championship. Ding Junhui was awarded a wildcard for being this year's World Championship runner-up, but later qualified on his own right by winning the Six-red World Championship and 2016 Shanghai Masters.
With several players winning more than one tournament, there were fewer than 16 players who qualified by winning tournaments. Remaining places were allocated to the highest ranked player, not already qualified, on the one-year ranking list. After the 2016 International Championship there had only been 14 different winners and, with only one event left, Stuart Bingham, who was 8th in the one-year ranking list, qualified at that stage. The final place was left for the winner of the 2016 China Championship, a non-ranking event. During the China Championship Marco Fu withdrew and Joe Perry, 9th on the one-year ranking list, replaced him. At that stage John Higgins was the only non-qualified player left in the China Championship and, since he was 10th on the one-year ranking list, he therefore became the final qualifier. Moreover, he subsequently went on to win the tournament by beating Ronnie O'Sullivan 10–7 in the final.
Four players were seeded. The seedings were determined in early October. Defending champion Neil Robertson was the 1st seed, while Mark Selby and Ronnie O'Sullivan were seeded 2nd and 3rd respectively for being the winner of last season's Triple Crown events. As Robertson was seeded twice for winning the UK Championship, Shaun Murphy became the 4th seed for being the highest ranked player not seeded after the 2016 Shanghai Masters.
|Group semi-finals (Last 16)|
Best of 7 frames
|Group finals (Quarter-finals)|
Best of 11 frames
Best of 11 frames
Best of 19 frames
|Group 1 (8 November)|
|Group 4 (10 November)|
|Group 3 (7 November)|
|Group 2 (9 November)|
|Final: Best of 19 frames. Referee: Brendan Moore.|
Ricoh Arena, Coventry, England, 12 November 2016.
|10–7||Ronnie O'Sullivan (3)|
|Afternoon: 75–0 (75), 19–69 (68), 74–3 (74), 1–100 (88), 0–90 (90), 79–0 (79), 74–4 (65), 29–88 (61), 48–82|
Evening: 62–23 (60), 64–21 (63), 0–77 (74), 88–0 (83), 0–134 (130), 76–0 (76), 86–1 (86), 113–0 (58)
- Champion of Champions Snooker 2016
- "Champion of Champions: Neil Robertson beats Mark Allen". BBC Sport. 15 November 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Prize Fund". Champion of Champions Snooker. Retrieved 27 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Champion of Champions June Update". www.wpbsa.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 25 June 2016. Retrieved 27 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Race To The Ricoh – Champion of Champions Latest". www.wpbsa.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Players". Champion of Champions Snooker. Retrieved 27 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Champion of Champions 2016 – Shanghai Update
- "Champion of Champions Group Draw Announced". www.wpbsa.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 12 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "rankings update Selby dominates". www.wpbsa.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 31 October 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)