Abu Dhabi Executive Council is the local executive authority of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. It assists the Ruler to carry out his duties and powers. The Council holds meetings periodically in Abu Dhabi to discuss issues and memos referred to it by Abu Dhabi's departments and governmental authorities, concerning the progress of government-sponsored projects, the development of services and the improvement of governmental performance in Abu Dhabi.
In 1971, a Council of Ministers was formed in the Abu Dhabi Emirate by virtue of the provisions of Law No. (1) to reorganise the government apparatus. But in 1974, the said law was superseded and substituted with Law No. (1), which organised the government apparatus, renaming the "Council of Ministers" as the "Abu Dhabi Executive Council." The Executive Council is chaired by Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces. Its membership is formed by chairmen of the local government departments, some local authorities and other members appointed by the Ruler.
- Crown Prince General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of the Executive Council)
- Sheikh Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Member of the Executive Council, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Office, Chairman of the Executive Committee)
- Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Vice-Chairman of the Executive Council)
- Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court)
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan (Chairman of Transport Authority)
- Dr. Ahmed Mubarak Al Mazrouei (Secretary-General of the Executive Council)
- Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak (Chairman of the Executive Affairs Authority)
- Riyad Abdulrahman Al Mubarak (Chairman of the Department of Finance)
- Sheikh Abdulla Bin Mohamed Al Hamed (Chairman of Energy Authority)
- Dr. Mugheer Al Khaili (Chairman of Health Authority)
- Eng. Awaidha Murshed Al Marar (Chairman of Department of Municipal Affairs)
- Ali Majed Al Mansouri (Chairman of Department of Economic Development)
- Dr. Ali Rashid Al Noaimi (Director General of Abu Dhabi Education Council)
- "Member's Profiles". www.ecouncil.ae. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "Sheikh Khalifa adds four new faces to Abu Dhabi Executive Council | The National". www.thenational.ae. Retrieved 2016-03-14.