Adi Burjorji Godrej
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai |
MIT Sloan School of Management
|Occupation||Chairman of Godrej Group|
|Net worth||US$2.3 billion (October 2020)|
|Spouse(s)||Parmeshwar Adi Godrej (died 2016)|
|Children||Nisaba Adi Godrej |
Pirojsha Adi Godrej
Tanya Arvind Dubash
Adi Burjorji Godrej (born 3 April 1942) is an Indian billionaire businessman and industrialist, head of the Godrej family, and chairman of the Godrej Group. As of October 2020[update], he has a net worth of US$2.3 billion.
Godrej completed his schooling at St. Xavier's High School and then St. Xaviers College, Mumbai for two years. He earned an undergraduate degree from HL college and an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management, where he was a member of the Pi Lambda Phi fraternity and a member of Tau Beta Pi.
After his return to India, he joined the family business. He modernised the management structure and implemented process improvements. Adi Godrej took the Godrej Group to great heights during the License Raj. He heads the group alongside his brother, managing director of Godrej Industries and chairman of Godrej Agrovet, Nadir Godrej, and his cousin, Godrej & Boyce managing director and chairman, Jamshyd Godrej.
Under his stewardship, Godrej Consumer Products has grown into a strong emerging market FMCG player based on a 3X3 approach to international expansion — building a presence in three emerging markets (Asia, Africa, Latin America) across three categories (home care, personal wash, hair care).
He has been president of several Indian trade and industrial bodies and associations.
He was the chairman of the Indian School of Business from April 2011 to April 2018 and was elected as the president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2012–13. He has been a member of the dean's advisory council of the MIT Sloan School of Management, and chairman of the board of governors of the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
Twenty-five percent of the shares of the Godrej holding company are held in trusts that include the Pirojsha Godrej Foundation, the Soonabai Pirojsha Godrej Foundation and the Godrej Memorial Trust. Through these trusts the Group supports healthcare, education and environmental sustainability initiatives such as The Mangroves, Teach for India, WWF, and the Godrej Memorial Hospital.
- "Forbes profile: Adi Godrej". Forbes. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- "Home". xaviers.edu. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- Pi Lambda Phi 2010 membership Directory
- "Godrej Consumer Products LTD" (PDF). Firstcall Research. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Indian School of Business". Firstcall Research. 19 January 2018. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "CII elects Adi Godrej as new President". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "CII elects Adi Godrej as new President". Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Forbes India Magazine — The Godrej Foundation: In Charity They Trust". forbesindia.com. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "Godrej helps preserve Mumbai mangroves". www.sunday-guardian.com. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adi Godrej.|