|Alma mater||The Doon School|
Shri Ram College of Commerce
|Occupation||Founder, Max Group|
Founder, Leeu Collection
Non-Executive Chairman Vodafone India
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (2011)|
Knight Order of Queen Isabella
Analjit Singh (born 11 January 1954) is the founder chairman of Max Group, a multi-business conglomerate, with interests in life insurance, healthcare, and real estate. He is the founder of Leeu Collection, an international collection of boutique hotels. He is also the Non-Executive Chairman of Vodafone India.
Singh spent his formative years in The Doon School. He then studied Economics at Shri Ram College of Commerce University of Delhi. before going for his MBA at Boston University. He has been awarded an honorary doctorate by Amity University, Noida.
Singh served as the chairman of Vodafone India from February 2012 to August 2018. He has been the key spokesperson of Vodafone in India and was the main representative of the company during the Vodafone's retrospective taxation controversy with the Government of India.
Singh is founder of Leeu Collection, an international collection of boutique hotels in South Africa and Europe. In South Africa, Leeu Collection is based in Franschhoek and its entities include Leeu Estates, Leeu House, Lee Quartier Francais and Mullineux and Leeu Family Wines.
Singh serves on the Founder Executive Board of Indian School of Business. He is the patron of Max Institute of Healthcare Management, one of the partner institutes at the ISB's Mohali campus. He served as Chairman of Mohali Campus Advisory Board of ISB.
He served on the Board of Tata Global Beverages and resigned in December 2016. He had voted against the resolution moved for Cyrus Mistry's ouster as Chairman of the company. In his resignation letter he said that he lamented at the overall lack of transparency surrounding the sacking of Cyrus Mistry.
He served as the Chairman of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee, from 2011 to 2014. He serves on the Prime Minister's UK-India CEO Forum, where he is the co-chair of Ease of Doing Business Committee along with Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP Plc. He has also served as a member of Prime Minister's Indo-US CEO Forum. He has served as Chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry's (CII) national committee on insurance and pensions.
Singh served as the Consul General of Republic of San Marino in India from November 2007 to August 2018. He also served as the co-chair of Prabodhan, a forum for facilitating closer and more effective engagement between European and Indian decision makers and opinion leaders.
Honours and awards
- Amrit Raj. "Analjit Singh's next big bet: Max Ventures". Livemint.com.
- Shabana Hussain. "Analjit Singh to head Vodafone India". forbesindia.com.
- "Max India's Analjit Singh Builds Grand Estate in South Africa". Forbes.
- Bobby Jordon. "How an Indian tycoon accidentally bought Franschhoek". The Sunday Times. South Africa.
- "#73 Analjit Singh". Forbes.
- "Srcc Alumni Association". Srccalumni.org.
- "Forbes India Magazine – Analjit Singh's Future-Proof Strategy". Forbesindia.com.
- "India's best Commerce colleges : Best Colleges". India Today. 11 June 2009.
- "Speaker Profiles » India 2010 » Boston University". Bu.edu.
- Mr. Analjit Singh. "Analjit Singh | MAX". Maxindia.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Analjit Singh to head Vodafone India". The Hindu.
- "Vodafone's Analjit Singh meets finance secy over tax issue". firstpost.com.
- Ashwin Mohan. "Vodafone may settle tax issue with government: Analjit Singh, non-executive chairman". The Economic Times.
- "Max India's Analjit Singh enters wine industry in South Africa". The Economic Times.
- "BENEFACTOR". isb.edu.
- "Our Board of Directors". sofina.be.
- Mohit Bhalla. "Analjit Singh slams Mistry ouster in resignation". The Economic Times.
- Bidya Sapam. "Analjit Singh resigns from Tata Global Beverages board after Mistry ouster". livemint.com.
- "New Chairman of Board of Governors of IIT Roorkee, PadmaVibhushan Shri Analjit Singh". iitraana.net.
- "FIRST MEETING OF THE UK-INDIA CEO FORUM". ukibc.com.
- "Reconstituted India-US CEOs' Forum to meet PM, Obama". Hindustan Times.
- Viswanath Pilla. "Firms can appoint agents without insurance regulator's licence". livemint.com.
- "Diplomatic Representations of San Marino". esteri.sm.
- "MR. ANALJIT SINGH Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Max Group" (PDF).
- "TARA SINGH VACHANI TO BECOME EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN OF ANTARA SENIOR LIVING". Max India. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Vana Wellness Retreat in Northern India, the World's Finest in Decadence and Design". Forbes. Retrieved 27 April 2015.