Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||37. Bishnupur|
|Electorate (year)||203,550 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 253 Barjora (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Barjora community development block; and Bhaktabandh, Gangajalghati, Gobindadham, Kapista, Nityanandapur and Piraboni gram panchayats of Gangajalghati community development block.
Members of Vidhan Sabha
|Election Year||Constituency||Name of M.L.A.||Party Affiliation|
|2021||Barjora||Alok Mukherjee||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2016||Sujit Chakraborty||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|2011||Asutosh Mukherjee||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2006||Susmita Biswas||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|2001||Susmita Biswas||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1996||Susmita Biswas||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1991||Jayasri Mitra||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1987||Jayasri Mitra||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1982||Lalbihari Bhattacharya||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1977||Aswini Kumar Raj||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1972||Sudhansu Sekhar Tewary||Indian National Congress|
|1971||Aswini Kumar Raj||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1969||Aswini Kumar Raj||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1967||A.Chatterje||Indian National Congress|
|1962||Pramatha Ghosh||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|1952||Prafulla Chandra Roy||Indian National Congress|
|CPI (M)||Sujit Chakraborty||86,873||43.42||+0.53|
|NOTA||None of the above||4,235||2.12||N/A|
|CPI (M) gain from AITC||Swing|
|CPI (M)||Susmita Biswas||75,966||42.89||-10.28|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||19.46|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001 and 1996 state assembly elections, Susmita Biswas of CPI(M) won the Barjora seat defeating Shampa Daripa of Trinamool Congress, Sudhansu Sekhar Tewari of Trinamool Congress and Tapasi Banerjee of Congress respectively. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Jayasri Mitra of CPI(M) defeated Sabyasachi Roy of Congress in 1991 and Sudhansu Sekhar Tewari of Congress in 1987. Lalbihari Bhattacharya of CPI(M) defeated Sudhansu Sekhar Tewari of Congress in 1982. Aswini Kumar Raj of CPI(M) defeated Sudhansu Sekhar Tewari of Congress in 1977.
Sudhansu Sekhar Tewary of Congress won in 1972. Aswini Kumar Raj of CPI(M) won in 1971 and 1969. A.Chatterjee of Congress won in 1967. Pramatha Ghosh of CPI won in 1962. The Barjora seat was not there in 1957. Prafulla Chandra Roy of Congress won the Barjora seat in independent India's first election in 1952.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Barjora". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Barjora. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Barjora. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "250 - Barjora Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.