|Bash at the Beach (1999)|
|Promotion||World Championship Wrestling|
|Date||July 11, 1999|
|City||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Venue||National Car Rental Center|
|Tagline(s)||A Tidal Wave of Trash-Talkin', Body Slammin', Tsunami Fury.|
|Bash at the Beach chronology|
Bash at the Beach (1999) was the sixth Bash at the Beach professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by World Championship Wrestling (WCW). The event took place on July 11, 1999 from the National Car Rental Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The event featured wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
|Ring announcers||David Penzer|
The main event was a tag team match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in which the person to score the deciding pinfall would win the title. The match pitted champion Kevin Nash and Sting against Randy Savage and Sid Vicious. Savage pinned Nash to win the title. Other featured matches on the card were Roddy Piper versus Buff Bagwell in a boxing match, The No Limit Soldiers (Konnan, Rey Misterio, Jr., Swoll, and B.A.) versus The West Texas Rednecks (Curt Hennig, Bobby Duncum Jr., Barry Windham, and Kendall Windham) in an elimination match and a Junkyard Invitational match, which took place in a junkyard and the match could only be won climbing over a chain link fence and escaping. Fit Finlay escaped the junkyard to win the match and the Hardcore Junkyard Invitational Trophy.
Eight-man tag team match eliminations
|Elimination no.||Wrestler||Team||Eliminated by||Elimination move||Time|
|1||Bobby Duncum, Jr.||West Texas Rednecks||Swoll||Springboard leg drop by Mysterio||06:26|
|2||Brad Armstrong||No Limit Soldiers||Curt Hennig||Hennig-Plex||09:07|
|3||Kendall Windham||West Texas Rednecks||Konnan||DDT||10:52|
|4||Konnan and Barry Windham||No Limit Soldiers and West Texas Rednecks||N/A||Double count-out||13:05|
|5||Curt Hennig||West Texas Rednecks||Rey Mysterio, Jr.||Swan Dive from on top of Swoll's shoulders||15:35|
|Survivors:||Rey Mysterio, Jr. and Swoll (No Limit Soldiers)|
- "Bash at the Beach 1999". Pro Wrestling History. July 11, 1999. Retrieved September 1, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "WCW Bash At The Beach 1999 « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". www.cagematch.net. Retrieved 15 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Every pay-per-view available on WWE Network". WWE. February 4, 2014. Archived from the original on February 5, 2014. Retrieved February 8, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2015-11-15. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "WCW Hardcore Invitational Tournament history". Retrieved 2017-01-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2007 Wrestling Almanac & Book of Facts". Wrestling's Historical Cards: Bash at the Beach (FOrt Lauderdale, Florida, the Car Rental Center). Kappa Publishing. 2007. p. 143.