|Bidhannagar City Police|
বিধাননগর সিটি পুলিশ
|Common name||Bidhannagar City Police |
বিধাননগর শহর পুলিশ
|Motto||Courage Care Commitment|
Bengali: সাহস সতর্কতা প্রতিজ্ঞাবদ্ধ
|Formed||20 January, 2012 |
|Annual budget||₹106.0912 crore (US$15 million) (2021-22 est.)|
|Operations jurisdiction||Bidhan Nagar & New Town area, IN|
|Size||146.34 km2 (56.50 sq mi)|
|Population||est. 15 lacs|
|Legal jurisdiction||Bidhannagar Municipal Corporation ; New Town, Kolkata (WBHIDCO Area) & Bidhannagar Constituency Area.|
|Primary governing body||Government of West Bengal|
|Secondary governing body||West Bengal Police|
|Headquarters||Bidhannagar Police Headquarters, Sec-III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700 106|
|Elected officer responsible|
|Parent agency||West Bengal Police|
|Stations||13 (Police Stations); |
9 (Traffic Guards);
1 (Women PS);
1 (Cyber Crime PS) 
Bidhannagar City Police (Bengali:বিধাননগর সিটি পুলিশ), established on 20 January 2012, is a police force with primary responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation within Bidhannagar Municipal Corporation and some adjacent areas in Greater Kolkata (Saltlake, Lake Town, Kestopur, Baguiati, Raghunathpur, Teghoria, Arjunpur, Kaikhali, Rajarhat, New Town, Dumdum/Kolkata Airport Area, Inside of NSCBI Airport, Gouripur, Michael Nagar, Ganganagar) The Commissionerate is part of the West Bengal Police and is under the administrative control of Home Ministry of West Bengal. It was formed after bifurcation of the North 24 Parganas Police District, and has eleven police stations under its jurisdiction. Shri Supratim Sarkar is the current Commissioner of the Bidhannagar City Police. Shri Rajeev Kumar was the first commissioner of Bidhan Nagar City Police.
Structure and jurisdiction
The Police commissionerate is situated at Bidhannagar and is divided into three divisions-
Bidhannagar Division, Newtown Division ,
Airport Division. The commissionerate is responsible for law enforcement over an area of 146.34 km2 area with 13 Police Stations ; 9 Traffic Guards ; 1 Women Police Station and 1 Cyber Crime Police Station under it. As like Kolkata Traffic Police, Only Bidhan Nagar City Traffic Police has traffic guards offices headed by an Officer-In-Charge in West Bengal.The Bidhan Nagar City Police is headed by the Commissioner of Police, Shri Supratim Sarkar who is an Indian Police Service officer in the rank of Inspector-General of Police (IGP). The commissioner is assisted by deputy commissioners. Other departments, including the detective department and the special branch wing are headed by Additional deputy commissioners, who are in the rank of additional superintendent of police. The police stations are headed by an Officer-In-Charge (Inspector Rank). Bidhannagar Police has also an official Android application.
Specialised Police Stations
- "Bidhan Nagar Police History", BPC
- "Detailed Demands For Grants For 2021-22" (PDF). 5 February 2021. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Bidhannagar City Police Total Area".
- "West Bengal govt transfers 43 IPS officers, including 3 police commissioners", India Today, 28 May 2019
- "Police Stations List".
- "Women Police Stations of West Bengal".
- "North 24 Parganas district".
- "Police Commissionerate".
- "DGP orders probe against Lake Town IC". The Times of India. 6 February 2012. Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Division-wise Police Stations".
- "Bidhannagar City Police Jurisdiction".
- "All Police Stations".
- "Township task force: What it means for you". The Telegraph. 17 January 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "2 New PS for 300 sq KM satellite town". Times of India. 27 November 2019.
- "Total Police Stations". BPC.
- "Specialised Police Stations".
- "Women Police Stations List".
- "Traffic Guards" (PDF).