Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||37. Bishnupur|
|Electorate (year)||170,838 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 255 Bishnupur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Bishnupur municipality; Bishnupur community development block; and Amdangra, Saltora and Satmauli gram panchayats of Taldangra community development block.
Members of Legislative Assembly
|2011||Shyama Prasad Mukherjee||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2016||Tushar Kanti Bhattacharya||Indian National Congress|
|2021||Tanmay Ghosh||Bharatiya Janata Party|
In 2016 West Bengal Assembly Election, Left-Cong candidate Tushar Kanti Bhattacharya defeated Shyam Mukherjee ( who was then a member of TMC) by less than 1000 votes. Though later Tusharkanti Bhattacharya joined TMC.
|AITC||Shyama Prasad Mukherjee||77,662||50.30||+13.53#|
|CPI (M)||Swapan Ghosh||67,805||43.91||-15.19|
|JDP||Purna Chandra Murmu||3,716|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||28.72#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Swapan Ghosh of CPI(M) won the Bishnupur seat defeating his nearest rival Subhasis Batabayal of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Jayanta Chowdhury of CPI(M) defeated Subhasis Batabayal of Trinamool Congress in 2001 and Buddhadeb Mukherjee of Congress in 1996. Achintya Krishna Ray of CPI(M) defeated Subhasis Batabayal of Congress in 1991, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee of Congress in 1987, Sabyasachi Roy of Congress in 1982 and Ardhendu Mitra of Congress in 1977.
Bhabataran Chakravarty of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Sasthidas Sarkar of Bangla Congress won in 1969. B.C.Mandal of Congress won in 1967. Radhika Dhibar of CPI won in 1962. In 1957 and 1952 the Bishnupur seat was a dual one. Purabi Mukhopadhyay and Kiran Chandra Digar, both of Congress, won in 1957. Kiran Chandra Digar and Radha Gobinda Roy, both of Congress, won in independent India's first election in 1952.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Bishnupur Election 2021: Assembly Elections News, Bishnupur Constituency, Vidhan Sabha Seat". News18. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- "Bishnupur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bishnupur. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Bishnupur. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "253 - Vishnupur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.