|Brunei at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Brunei Darussalam National Olympic Council|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||2 in 2 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Brunei, officially known as Brunei Darussalam, is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be the nation's eighth appearance at the Summer Olympics since its debut at the 1988 Summer Olympics. Brunei failed to register any athletes in two editions of the Games: 1992 in Barcelona and 2008 in Beijing.
The following is the list of number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Muhd Noor Firdaus Ar-Rasyid||Men's 200 m|
Brunei received a universality invitation from FINA to send one top-ranked swimmers in their respective individual events to the Olympics, based on the FINA Points System of June 28, 2021.
|Muhammad Isa Ahmad||Men's 100 m breaststroke|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Qualification (Athletics)". World Athletics. Retrieved 1 June 2021.