|Born||August 17, 1990|
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||203 lb (92 kg)|
|High school||Millennium (Goodyear, Arizona)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33rd overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|2014||Santa Cruz Warriors|
|2016–2017||Long Island Nets|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Carrick Felix (born August 17, 1990) is an American former professional basketball player who last played for Melbourne United of the National Basketball League (NBL). He played three years of college basketball for Arizona State before being drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the 33rd overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.
High school career
Born in Las Vegas, Nevada, Felix played high school basketball at Millennium High School in Goodyear, Arizona. During his senior season at Millennium, Felix led his team to a state championship and was named MVP of the state championship. As a senior in 2007–08, he averaged 19.7 points, 13.2 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.
After redshirting the 2008–09 season for medical reasons, Felix averaged 14.8 points and 4.7 rebounds in 2009–10 at College of Southern Idaho. Felix joined the Arizona State Sun Devils for his final three years of eligibility. During his first year at Arizona State, Felix made appearances in 30 of the Sun Devils 31 games, averaging 14.5 minutes and 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds per game. In his second season, he saw an increase in minutes up from 14.5 the previous season to 32.9 per game. He subsequently averaged 10.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. In his third and final year at Arizona State, Felix led the team, as a shooting guard, in rebounds per game with 8.1 and was second on the team in scoring with 14.6 points. He also led the entire Pac-12 with 13 double doubles. He was named second-team All-Pac-12 and Pac-12 All-Defensive Team. He was also named the Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year and earned first-team All-Pac-12 Academic Team honors.
Felix was selected with the 33rd overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. On August 20, 2013, he signed with the Cavaliers. During his rookie season, he had multiple assignments to the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League.
On July 22, 2014, Felix was traded, along with a 2015 second round draft pick and cash considerations, to the Utah Jazz in exchange for John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy. On October 27, 2014, he was waived by the Jazz. On November 1, 2014, he was selected by the Santa Cruz Warriors with the fourth overall pick in the 2014 NBA Development League Draft. On December 4, 2014, he was waived by the Warriors after sustaining a left knee injury. Having "broke his left knee in half", Felix needed two surgeries and was told by multiple doctors his sporting career was over. He spent two years away from the game as a result.
After spending preseason with the Washington Wizards, Felix signed with Melbourne United on December 22, 2017, as an injury replacement for Casey Prather. Felix was removed from Melbourne's active roster on February 16, 2018, following Prather's return from injury. He remained with the team for their championship run.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
In his two years away from the game of basketball between 2014 and 2016, Felix created a mobile app called ZGNIT, which helps holiday makers book adventure equipments such as jet skis.
- "Cavaliers Select Bennett and Karasev in the First Round of the 2013 NBA Draft". NBA.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Carrick Felix Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- "Carrick Felix - 2009-10 Men's Basketball". CSI.edu. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Carrick Felix Bio". TheSunDevils.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Cavaliers Sign 2013 Draft Picks to Contracts
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments Archived July 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Jazz Acquires Carrick Felix and Draft Pick
- "Jazz Waive Felix". NBA.com. October 27, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Santa Cruz Warriors Select 7 Players in the 2014 NBA D-League Draft". Archived from the original on 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2014-11-12.
- Santa Cruz Warriors Sign Dominique Sutton
- Ward, Roy (December 29, 2017). "How Melbourne United import Carrick Felix overcame a career threatening knee injury". SMH.com.au. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Long Island Nets Announce Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. November 1, 2016. Archived from the original on November 4, 2016. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Ward, Roy (December 22, 2017). "Melbourne United sign recent NBA player Carrick Felix as injury replacement". SMH.com.au. Retrieved December 22, 2017.
- "Prather in, Felix out for Melbourne United". NBL.com.au. February 16, 2018. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Santamaria, Liam (June 23, 2018). "Washington Wizards add Carrick Felix for Summer League". NBL.com.au. Retrieved June 23, 2018.