|No. 13 – UConn Huskies|
|League||Big East Conference|
|Born||May 20, 2000|
Little Rock, Arkansas
|Listed height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|High school||Central Arkansas Christian|
(North Little Rock, Arkansas)
|Career highlights and awards|
Christyn Williams (born May 20, 2000) is an American women's basketball player at the University of Connecticut (UConn). She played for Central Arkansas Christian School in North Little Rock, Arkansas. A five-star recruit and one of the most decorated high school basketball players in history, Williams has risen to national acclaim after winning the 2018 WBCA National Player of the Year award, the 2018 Naismith National Player of the Year award the 2018 Gatorade National Player of the Year award, and the 2018 USA Today Player of the Year award. Williams also was named a McDonald's All-American, where she was named the game's MVP after scoring 22 points and leading the West team to an 82-79 victory. Williams was awarded the Morgan Wootten Award, which is given each year to "the McDonald's All American who best exhibits outstanding character, leadership and the values of a student-athlete in the classroom and the community". Williams was also named to the 2018 Jordan Brand Classic team.
High school career
As a freshman in the 2014-15 season, Williams averaged 18.5 points a game for the Lady Mustangs while helping lead the team to a 28-4 record and an appearance in the state quarterfinals. The next season as a sophomore Williams carried a heavy load for the team, averaging a career-best 28.5 points per game and leading the team to a runner-up finish in the Arkansas 4A state tournament. In 2016-17, Williams' junior season, she averaged 26.0 points per game and led the team to a 29-5 record. The Lady Mustangs finished the season with a loss in the state quarterfinals. As a senior in 2017-18, Williams and the Lady Mustangs had the best season in school history, finishing with a 36-1 record and winning the 2-4A Conference, 2-4A District, 4A East Region, and 4A State Championships while averaging 26.8 points and 10.4 rebounds per game. Finishing with 3500 points, Williams ended her career with the second-most points in Arkansas girls basketball history, behind only Lakyn Garrison of Wickes, who played from 2003-2007. Over the course of her career, she led the Lady Mustangs to a 117-24 record, including the Arkansas 4A 2018 state championship.
Williams made her debut for the University of Connecticut in the season opener against Ohio State on November 11, 2018. She started the game and ended with 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals in the 85-53 win. Three weeks later Williams played a large part in the #2-ranked Huskies upsetting the #1-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish in South Bend, 89-71. Williams finished the game with a career-high 28 points. Williams started all 38 games during her freshman campaign and ended the season averaging 11.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.2 steals per game.  The Huskies fell to Notre Dame in the 2019 Final Four, 81-76.
In her sophomore season, which was cut short by the 2019 COVID-19 pandemic, Williams started 31 of the Huskies' 32 games and averaged 14.6 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.3 steals per game for the 29-3 Huskies.
In October 2020, Williams was named the Big East Preseason Player of the Year before her junior season began.
- "No. 1 prospect Christyn Williams signs with Connecticut Huskies". espnW. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Christyn Williams 2017 - 2018 GATORADE NATIONAL GIRLS BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR". playeroftheyear.gatorade.com. Archived from the original on 2018-10-04. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Past WBCA Players of the Year". Women's Basketball Coaches Association. 2016-05-31. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- "R.J. Barrett and Christyn Williams Named 2018 Naismith High School Players of the Year | Citizen Naismith Trophy". naismithtrophy.com. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "ALL-USA Girls Basketball Player of the Year: Christyn Williams, Central Arkansas Christian". USA TODAY High School Sports. 2018-04-10. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- Stephens, Donna Lampkin. "UConn believe she's the best: CAC's Williams MVP of McDonalds All-American games". Pulaski News. Archived from the original on 2018-04-11. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Christyn Williams wins Morgan Wootten". ESPN.com. 2018-03-13. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- "2018 Girls National Team - Teams Category - Jordan Brand Classic".
- "Women's Basketball vs Ohio State on 11/11/2018 - Box Score". University of Connecticut Athletics.
- "uconn women - Google Search". www.google.com.