|Operating system||Browser based, PC version available|
|Type||Family software, Electronic calendar|
Cozi Central is a free Software as a service Web 2.0-based web application targeted at families offered by Cozi. It includes a family calendar, shopping list management, a screen saver with integrated appointment reminders, and Cozi Messages, which allows family members to quickly exchange text messages and email. It became available on September 25, 2006.
Cozi Central includes a color-coded calendar which helps family members coordinate schedules. The design assumes that one OR two adults are running the household, and has a "hand off this appointment" feature. Upcoming appointments appear on the integrated photo screen saver.
The shopping list feature lets family members access their shopping lists from mobile phones by sending a text message with the word "shopping" to BCOZI or 22694 (US only), or by calling an IVR system at 1-888-808-COZI.
Cozi Messages allows families to quickly send a short message by either text message or email, or both, to all family members.
Cozi Central runs as both a PC application and a Web site. The PC application requires Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista. The Web Access version requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or Mozilla Firefox 1.0+.
- Seattle Times "Refrigerator Magnet Meets Digital Age"
- "Cozi Central launch announcement". Archived from the original on 2007-04-02. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- USA Today calendar round-up[permanent dead link]
- Cozi Mobile Archived 2007-05-09 at the Wayback Machine
- About Parenting of K-6 children
- The Wall Street Journal-Mossberg Solution: Getting Families Synched Up
- Cozi System Requirements Archived 2007-05-10 at the Wayback Machine