Daniel Peter Huttenlocher
1959 (age 63–64)
|Alma mater||University of Michigan (B.A., Computer Science, Psychology)|
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (S.M., EECS; Ph.D., Computer Science, 1988)
|Employer||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Known for||Inaugural Dean, MIT Schwarzman College of Computing|
Inaugural Dean and Vice Provost, Cornell Tech (2012–2019)
Daniel Peter Huttenlocher is an American computer scientist, academic administrator and corporate director. He is the inaugural dean of the Schwarzman College of Computing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Previously, he was the inaugural dean and vice provost of Cornell Tech at Cornell University, and a director of Amazon. He joined the department of computer science at Cornell in 1988, and he owned 24 patents in computer vision by 2015.
Before Cornell, Huttenlocher had previously worked at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center and was Chief Technology Officer at Intelligent Markets. He attended the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools and has an undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and earned his master's and doctorate (1988) degrees from MIT, the latter under Shimon Ullman.
In February 2019, he was named by MIT to be the head of its new Schwarzman College of Computing starting in August 2019.
- The Age of AI. And Our Human Future, with Henry A. Kissinger and Eric Schmidt, Little, Brown and Company, New York, 2021
- ^ "Daniel P. Huttenlocher", Mathematics Genealogy Project
- ^ "Daniel Peter Huttenlocher | people.as.cornell.edu". people.as.cornell.edu. Archived from the original on 2023-01-04. Retrieved 2023-01-04.
- ^ a b Matheson, Rob, "Dan Huttenlocher named inaugural dean of MIT Schwarzman College of Computing : Alumnus and founding dean of Cornell Tech in New York City will return to MIT this summer", MIT News Office, February 21, 2019
- ^ "DANIEL P. HUTTENLOCHER JACK AND RILLA NEAFSEY DEAN AND VICE PROVOST, CORNELL TECH". Cornell Tech. Cornell University. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- ^ "Interview with Michael Bloomberg"
- ^ "OFFICERS & DIRECTORS". Amazon. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- ^ Kompanek, Christopher (August 21, 2015). "The professor leading New York City's answer to MIT". Financial Times. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- ^ Soperm Taylor, "Amazon names Cornell Tech founding dean and Xerox veteran Daniel Huttenlocher to board", GeekWire, September 8, 2016
- ^ Zafar, Maryam, "Cornell Tech Founding Dean Daniel Huttenlocher to Depart for MIT", The Cornell Daily Sun, February 21, 2019