Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||34. Medinipur|
|Electorate (year)||160,317 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 219 Dantan (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Dantan II community development block, Mohanpur community development block, and Chak Islampur gram panchayat of Dantan I community development block.
In the 2011 elections, Arun Mahapatra of CPI defeated his nearest rival Saibal Giri of Trinamool Congress.
|Independent||Mukul Kumar Mishra||1,653|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001 and 1996 state assembly elections, Nanda Gopal Bhattacharya of CPI won the Danatan assembly seat, defeating his nearest rivals Bikram Chandra Pradhan of Trinamool Congress in 2006 and 2001, and Sunil Baran Giri of Congress in 1996. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Ranjit Patra of CPI(M) defeated Panchanan Mahanti of Congress in 1991. Kanai Bhowmick of CPI defeated Dilip Kumar Das of Congress in 1987 and Pradyot Kumar Mahanti of Janata Party in 1982. Pradyot Kumar Mahanti of Janata Party defeated Rabindra Nath Dwibedi of CPI in 1977.
Pradyut Kumar Mahanti of Congress (Organisation) won in 1972. Pulin Behari Tripathi of Congress won in 1971. Debendra Nath Das of Bangla Congress won in 1969 and 1967. Charu Chandra Mahanti of Congress won in 1962 and 1957. In independent India's first election in 1951 Jnanendra Kumar Choudhury of Bharatiya Jana Sangh won the Dantan seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Dantan". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Dantan. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Dantan. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "228 - Dantan Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.