|Single by LPS|
|Released||1 April 2022|
|LPS singles chronology|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2022 entry|
|◄ "Amen" (2021)|
"Disko" (Slovene pronunciation: [ˈdíːskɔ]) is a 2022 song by Slovenian pop band Last Pizza Slice. The song is scheduled to represent Slovenia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy, after winning EMA 2022, Slovenia's national final.
An animated music video of "Disko" would come out on 11 April, with artwork by Manca Matelič, a school classmate of the band, and Matevž Bervar. The video features a man getting dumped by his girlfriend at a nightclub. The man ends up being depressed, drinking at the nightclub. One day, while seeing his ex-girlfriend kiss her boyfriend at a bridge, the man falls over into a river. While it is unknown if the man drowned or hallucinated, underwater, he eventually meets another girl, and becomes happy again.
The music video is inspired by the lead singer, Filip Vidušin, having a real life experience of getting dumped at a disco and watching his ex-girlfriend dance with another man.
Eurovision Song Contest
EMA 2022 & EMA Freš 2022
Artists and composers were able to submit their entries to the broadcaster between 8 October 2021 and 22 November 2021. All artists were required to be under the age of 30 and have three commercially released songs or fewer. Two days after the closing of the submission window, RTVSLO announced a total of 127 applications had been received for both competitions. The competing artists for EMA Freš were announced on 26 November 2021, along with which songs would compete in each duel.
The first duel rounds took place between 29 November and 18 December 2021. All of the twenty-four competing entries were divided into three separate weeks. Each week featured four daily duels from Monday to Thursday with one qualifier from each duel progressing to the weekly final. The runners-up of each duel were given a second chance round after all of the other duels had taken place. The results were determined via an international online vote on RTVSLO's website from 8:00 (CET) to 19:00 (CET) on the day of each duel. Each week rounded up with an online webcast final that featured the four duel winners of the week. Three of the artists advanced to the final selection show, while the last place finisher advanced to the second chance round. The results of the weekly final were determined via a combination of both jury voting and internet voting. "Disko" would advance in the third duel of the first week, beating out Neli Jerot's "Magnum opus". The song would then go on to win the first weekly final, gaining an automatic spot in EMA Fres 2022.
The final of EMA Freš took place on 28 January 2022 at Radiotelevizija Slovenija's Studio 1 in Ljubljana, and featured the fourteen remaining artists. The show saw four artists advance to EMA 2022, with two qualifiers determined by an expert jury panel. "Disko" was announced as a jury qualifier.
EMA 2022 was the twenty-fourth edition of Slovenia's annual national final for the Eurovision Song Contest EMA. The event consisted of two semi-finals, which were held on 5 and 12 February 2022, and a grand final on 19 February 2022 at the Gospodarsko razstavišče in Ljubljana. The two semi-finals took place on 5 and 12 February 2022 at 20:20 (CET) and were broadcast on TV SLO 1. Each show featured ten performances, eight established artists and two newcomer artists, with six qualifying to the EMA 2022 final based on votes from a jury vote and public vote. "Disko" would compete in the second semi-final, and would qualify as a public televote qualifier.
The final took place on 19 February 2022 at 20:20 (CET) and was broadcast on TV SLO 1, Radio Val 202, Radio Koper, Radio Maribor and via a live satellite broadcast on the broadcaster's website www.rtvslo.si. The show featured the twelve acts that qualified from the semi-finals. The combination of points from five thematical juries and a public vote selected LPS with "Disko" to represent Slovenia in Turin. "Disko" would win the competition, earning 103 points, and thus earning the Slovenian spot for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
According to Eurovision rules, all nations with the exceptions of the host country and the "Big Five" (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) are required to qualify from one of two semi-finals in order to compete for the final; the top ten countries from each semi-final progress to the final. The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) split up the competing countries into six different pots based on voting patterns from previous contests, with countries with favourable voting histories put into the same pot. On 25 January 2022, an allocation draw was held which placed each country into one of the two semi-finals, as well as which half of the show they would perform in. Slovenia has been placed into the first semi-final, to be held on 10 May 2022, and has been scheduled to perform in the first half of the show.
- "Slovenia: LPS will grab a pizza the action in Italy 🇸🇮". Eurovision.tv. 19 February 2022. Retrieved 10 March 2022.
- "Na Emi Freš se bo pomerilo 24 izvajalcev". RTVSLO.si (in Slovenian). Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- "Disko - Single by LPS on iTunes". iTunes Store. 1 April 2022. Retrieved 1 April 2022.
- "🇸🇮 Slovenia: LPS Release Music Video For "Disko"". Eurovoix. 11 April 2022. Retrieved 12 April 2022.
- "LPS - Slovenia - Turin 2022". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 12 April 2022.
- "Today: EMA and EMA FREŠ Submissions Close". Eurovoix. 22 November 2021. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- Granger, Anthony (24 November 2021). "Slovenia: 127 Songs Submitted For EMA and EMA FREŠ 2022". Eurovoix. Retrieved 25 November 2021.
- Granger, Anthony (29 November 2021). "Today: Eesti Laul 2022 Quarterfinal Three Participants & EMA Freš – Duel One". Eurovoix. Retrieved 19 January 2022.
- Granger, Anthony (4 December 2021). "Tonight: Eesti Laul Quarterfinal 2022 Three & EMA Freš Week One Final". Eurovoix. Retrieved 19 January 2022.
- Granger, Anthony (20 February 2022). "Slovenia: RTVSLO Releases The Full Results of EMA 2022 & EMA Freš". Eurovoix. Retrieved 20 February 2022.
- "Slovenia: 'EMA 2022' dates, hosts and artists confirmed 🇸🇮". Eurovision.tv. EBU. 19 January 2022. Archived from the original on 19 January 2022. Retrieved 19 January 2022.
- Farren, Neil (28 January 2022). "Slovenia: EMA Freš 2022 Results". Eurovoix. Retrieved 28 January 2022.
- Popescu, David (19 February 2022). "Slovenia: LPS will bring the "Disko" to Turin!". ESCUnited. Retrieved 19 February 2022.
- "Finalisti so Hauptman, Gušti feat. Leyre, Anabel, Leya Leanne, BQL in LPS" (in Slovenian). Radiotelevizija Slovenija. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- "Kdo izmed 12 finalistov EME si bo pripel vozovnico za Torino?" (in Slovenian). Radiotelevizija Slovenija. Retrieved 19 February 2022.
- Granger, Anthony (19 February 2022). "Slovenia: LPS to Eurovision 2022". Eurovoix. Retrieved 19 February 2022.
- "Eurovision 2022: Which Semi-Final is your country performing in? 🇮🇹". Eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union (EBU). 25 January 2022. Retrieved 25 January 2022.