Міжнародний аеропорт «Дніпро»
|Location||Dnipro, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine|
|Elevation AMSL||481 ft / 147 m|
Dnipro International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Дніпро») (IATA: DNK, ICAO: UKDD) is an airport serving Dnipro, a city in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine. It is located 15 kilometres (8 NM) southeast from the city center.
The airport is at an elevation of 481 feet (147 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 08/26 with a concrete surface measuring 2,841 by 44 metres (9,321 ft × 144 ft). The airport is currently owned by its major airline partner Dniproavia. This has resulted in a number of management problems and has slowed the airfield's development as Dniproavia has, on a number of occasions, refused to be forthcoming with the required funds to undertake a comprehensive modernization program. In addition to this, foreign airlines have found it difficult to gain access to Dnipro as a result of Dniproavia's protectionist policies along routes to and from the airport.
In 2011, the airport's owners initiated a program to develop a new terminal complex at Dnipropetrovsk International. This project envisaged the construction of a large new international terminal, similar in specifications to the newly built terminal at Kharkiv International Airport. However, the construction was soon frozen and, as of 2017, building work has not progressed beyond the laying of foundations. As of September 2020, the completion of a new runway and terminal is foreseen for late 2022 or early 2023.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter services to and from Dnipro International Airport:
As of 24 February 2022, all flights are suspended
|Ukraine International Airlines||Kyiv–Boryspil, Tel Aviv|
|Windrose Airlines|| Kyiv–Boryspil |
Seasonal charter: Sharm el-Sheikh
|Year||Passengers||Change on previous year|
- "Cтатистика < Про аеропорт". dnk.aero. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- Airport information for UKDD from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for DNK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "." Reuters. Retrieved on February 24, 2022. "Ukraine closes airspace to civilian flights amid Russian military action."
- (in Ukrainian) The new runway at Dnipro Airport in 2021 will require 1.6 billion, Ukrayinska Pravda (28 September 2020)
- Dnipro International Airport, Schedule retrieved 16 February 2022
- Dnipro International Airport, Statistics