|East Timor at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||National Olympic Committee of East Timor|
|Competitors||3 in 2 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
| Indonesia (1984–1996)|
Individual Olympic Athletes (2000)
East Timor, also known as Timor-Leste and officially as the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It's will be the nations fifth appearance at the Summer Olympics.
The following is the list of number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Felisberto de Deus||Men's 100 m|
East Timor received a universality invitation from FINA to send two top-ranked swimmers (one per gender) in their respective individual events to the Olympics, based on the FINA Points System of June 28, 2021, making this country debut at this sport.
|José da Silva Viegas||Men's 50 m freestyle|
|Imelda Ximenes||Women's 50 m freestyle|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Road to Olympic Games 2020". World Athletics. Retrieved 11 June 2021.