|Founded||August 20, 1997|
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB, formerly Good Karma Broadcasting) is an American conglomerate. Based in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, it has interests in radio broadcasting, sports marketing, retail, and real estate. The company owns and/or operates radio stations in the states of Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, and Florida, with the majority of its stations being ESPN Radio affiliates.
The company was established in August 1997, and GKB would make its first acquisition of radio stations in December of that year with the purchase of stations in its home base of Beaver Dam (WBEV and WXRO) as well as in Columbus, Wisconsin (WTLX).
As time passed, GKB would also eventually purchase stations in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Madison, Wisconsin; Cleveland, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida, with the majority of these stations having a sports radio format with an ESPN Radio affiliation.
In 2011, GKB began to purchase residential properties near Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The buildings were collectively branded as the "Tundra Trio", and were renovated as upscale properties that can be rented for events.
In January 2014, to reflect the company's brand extension, GKB officially changed its name from Good Karma Broadcasting to its current name of Good Karma Brands.
On July 27, 2018, GKB announced it had reached a deal to acquire WTMJ and WKTI in Milwaukee from the E. W. Scripps Company. The company had acquired the stations through its purchase of Journal Communications, but had later chosen to exit the radio business. WKTI would flip to ESPN Radio.
On August 28, 2019, it was announced by ESPN Radio that day-to-day management of Chicago's WMVP would move from direct purview by ESPN to a management agreement with Good Karma Brands. The current general manager, Jim Pastor, will retire at the end of the year, with Good Karma expected to begin operating the station on September 29, 2019 under a lease with Disney (no information about a conversion to an eventual station purchase has been revealed). No changes to personnel and facilities in the near future are currently expected under the lease agreement.
List of radio stations
West Palm Beach
- WTLX 100.5: Sports (ESPN)
- WTMJ 620: News/Talk
- WAUK 540: Sports (ESPN)
- WKTI 94.5: Sports (ESPN)
- WGKB 1510/W269DL 101.7: Milwaukee-centric Black talk radio
Team Radio Networks
- GKB's roots - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- The Home Market - Good Karma Brands.com
- "Refined hospitality, just a Lambeau leap away". Sports Business Journal. Retrieved 2018-07-27.
- WKNR becomes Browns AM flagship - All Access.com
- GKB buys stake in Bucks - Fox 6 Now.com
- "Good Karma Pays Off For Craig Karmazin". Radio & Television Business Report. Retrieved 2018-07-27.
- Foran, Chris (October 31, 2018). "Radio station switches back to country after WKTI makes move to an all-sports format". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved November 1, 2018.
- Feder, Robert (28 August 2019). "New management team brings Good Karma to take over ESPN 1000". Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Kirchen, Rich (28 August 2019). "Milwaukee's Good Karma agrees to run Chicago ESPN radio station". The Business Journal of Milwaukee. Retrieved 29 August 2019.