Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||33. Jhargram (ST)|
|Electorate (year)||177,681 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 221 Gopiballavpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Beliabera, Kharbandhi, Pet Bindhi and Tapshia gram panchayats of Gopiballavpur II community development block, Aguiboni, Chandri, Chubka, Dudhkundi, Lodhasuli, Nedabahara, Patashimul, Shalboni and Sardiha gram panchayats of Jhargram CD Block and Sankrail CD Block.
|CPI (M)||Rabi Lal Maitra||58,050||36.55||-26.80|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||51.27#|
# Swing calculated on Congress
+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Rabi Lal Maitra of CPI(M) won the Gopiballavpur assembly seat defeating his nearest rival Swapan Patra of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Bhabani Shankar Hatial of CPI(M) defeated Samay Mandi of Trinamool Congress in 2001. Rana Shakti of CPI(M) defeated Rekha Rani Mahata of Congress in 1996. Atul Chandra Das of CPI(M) defeated Prasun Sarangi of Congress in 1991. Sunil De of CPI(M) defeated Bijoy Kumar Sahu of Congress in 1987 and Santosh Rana, Independent, in 1982. Santosh Rana, Independent, defeated Abani Bhusan Satpathi of CPI(M) in 1977.
Harish Mahapatra of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Dhananjoy Kar of SSP won in 1969 and 1967. Surendra Nath Mahta of Congress won in 1962. In 1957 and 1951 Gopiballavpur had dual seats. Surndranath Mahta and Jagatpati Hansda, both of Congress, won in 1957. Dhanajoy Kar and Jagatpati Hansda, both of KMPP, won in independent India's first election in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Gopiballavpur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Gopiballavpur. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Gopiballavpur. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "230 - Gopiballavpur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.