|Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind|
|Park section||World Discovery (Wonders of Xandar)|
|Replaced||Ellen's Energy Adventure |
|Type||Steel – Enclosed – Spinning|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Length||5,577.4 ft (1,700.0 m)|
|Theme||Guardians of the Galaxy|
|Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at RCDB|
Pictures of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at RCDB
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is a roller coaster attraction that is currently under construction at Epcot at Walt Disney World. The ride will be manufactured by Vekoma. Based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Guardians of the Galaxy, the attraction will be the first at Walt Disney World to feature characters from the Marvel Universe. It will replace the Universe of Energy pavilion, which closed on August 13, 2017.
It was originally set to open in 2021, However, it was delayed to 2022 as part of the park's 40th anniversary celebration, which is part of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration, since the opening was postponed indefinitely following the closure of the park due to the coronavirus pandemic. Following the announcement, the attraction will become part of the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion, the first Other-world Showcase Pavilion.
Construction began in late August 2017. The existing Universe of Energy show building was to be reused and retrofitted for the new attraction; the roller coaster itself would be housed in a new, massive show building situated backstage behind the Universe of Energy building and the PLAY! pavilion.
At D23 Japan in 2018, it was confirmed that the ride would be one of the world's longest enclosed roller coasters and that the ride would open during Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary, which indicated an opening during late 2021. On May 4, 2018, the Disney Parks Blog released a video stating that 960 truckloads of concrete had been poured for the foundation of the new show building. The first track piece of the ride was installed in November 2018.
The name of the ride, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, was announced on August 25, 2019 at the D23 Expo 2019. It is scheduled to open in 2022, with filming for the ride commencing in October 2021.
- Sorrentino, Mike (May 8, 2018). "The Guardians' big Disney World roller coaster is set for 2021". CNET.
- Macy, Seth G. (July 15, 2017). "New Guardians of the Galaxy Ride Announced for Walt Disney World". IGN.
- Fickley-Baker, Jennifer (July 15, 2017). "'Guardians of the Galaxy' & 'Ratatouille' Attractions Coming to Epcot". Disney Parks Blog. Archived from the original on July 16, 2017. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- Bevil, Dewayne (July 15, 2017). "Coming to Disney World: Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy ride, 'Star Wars' hotel". Orlando Sentinel.
- "Track Installation to Begin Soon on Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster at Epcot". Blog Mickey. July 30, 2018.
- Glover, Erin (March 20, 2018). "Avengers and Other Super Heroes to Assemble in New Themed Areas at Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Fickley-Baker, Jennifer. "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "Rumors Point to 2022 Opening Dates for TRON Lightcycle Run and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind".
- Bevil, Dewayne (July 31, 2017). "Last go-around with Ellen at Epcot". Orlando Sentinel.
- Nolfi, Joey (November 15, 2018). "Disney unveils spinning Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster cars, new ride details". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 21, 2019.
- Bevil, Dewayne (August 1, 2018). "Disney World: Look at latest Epcot construction". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved March 21, 2019.
- "Disney has installed the first section of the new Guardian's of the Galaxy coaster for EPCOT".
- Smith, Thomas (August 25, 2019). "LIVE: Exciting Announcements for Disney Parks, Resorts, Cruise Ships and Beyond at D23 Expo 2019". Disney Parks Blog.
- Bonaime, Ross (September 30, 2021). "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Rollercoaster to Open at Disney World in 2022". Collider. Archived from the original on October 1, 2021. Retrieved September 30, 2021.
- Barnhardt, Adam (October 19, 2021). "James Gunn Clarifies Which Guardians of the Galaxy Project Has Begun Filming, and It Isn't Vol. 3". ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on October 20, 2021. Retrieved October 23, 2021.