Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||42. Birbhum|
|Electorate (year)||181,166 (2011)|
Hansan (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in Birbhum district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is an open seat now but was earlier reserved for scheduled castes. Hansan is a gram panchayat under Rampurhat intermediate panchayat.
In the 2011 election, Asit Kumar Mal of Congress defeated his nearest rival Kamal Hasan of RCPI.
|INC||Asit Kumar Mal||73,370||46.73||-3.17|
|SUCI(C)||Amal Kumar Mondal||2,503|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||4|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
From 1996 to 2006, Asit Kumar Mal of Congress was elected from the Hansan (SC) assembly constituency. He defeated Khagendranath Mal of CPI(M) in 2006, Mihir Bain of RCPI(R) in 2001 and 1996. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Trilochan Das of RCPI (RB) defeated Asit Kumar Mal of Congress in 1991. Asit Kumar Mal of Congress defeated Trilochan Mal, Independent in 1987. Trilochan Das, Independent/RCPI, defeated Asit Kumar Mal Congress/Independent in 1982 and 1977.
Dhanapati Mal of Congress won in 1972. Trilochan Mal of RCI won in 1971. Mrityunjoy Mandal of Forward Bloc won in 1969. S.Prasad of Congress won in 1967. Prior to that the Hansan seat was not there.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 August 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Hansan". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Hansan. Empowering India. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Hansan. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "292 – Hansan (SC) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010.