|Harrods Furniture Depository|
|Location||Barnes, London in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames|
|Official name||Harrods Depository Riverside Warehouse to East|
The Harrods Furniture Depository buildings flank the south bank of the River Thames near Hammersmith Bridge in Barnes, London, built on the site of an old soap factory in 1894 as a storage centre for the larger items that could not be taken into Knightsbridge to the Harrods department store. The present salmon-pink terracotta-clad buildings date from 1914. The architect was W. G. Hunt.
The buildings, which are Grade II listed, are no longer owned by Harrods but retain many of its original external features. In 2000 the conversion to a residential estate was completed, consisting of 250 townhouses and penthouse suites known as "Harrods Village". William Hunt Mansions, the main riverfront building, is a key marker post on the annual Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race between Putney Bridge and Chiswick Bridge.
- Historic England (10 May 1990). "Harrods Depository Riverside Warehouse to East (1254280)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- River Thames from Hampton Court to the Millennium Dome London: Cadogan Books, 1999. ISBN 1860117015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrods Furniture Depository.|