|Born||December 28, 1979|
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
Henry Gayden (born December 28, 1979) is an American screenwriter, best known for writing the films Earth to Echo (2014), Shazam! (2019) and There's Someone Inside Your House (2021).
Gayden was born in Memphis, Tennessee. In his youth, Gayden attended Memphis University School and after graduation, he commenced his studies at the University of Texas at Austin where he majored in English and radio-television-film. During his time at college, he worked as an entertainment editor for The Daily Texan. After graduating from his degree, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in screenwriting.
In 2013, Gayden worked on the script for the 2014 science-fiction adventure film titled Earth to Echo, which was later directed by Dave Green.
In 2017, Gayden was hired to rewrite Darren Lemke's script for the DC Extended Universe superhero film Shazam!, directed by David F. Sandberg and starring Zachary Levi, Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer and Djimon Hounsou. Upon release, the film received positive reviews. In April 2019, TheWrap reported that Gayden will return to helm the script for the sequel Shazam! Fury of the Gods.
In March 2018, it was announced that Gayden would write the script for the Netflix slasher film, There's Someone Inside Your House, an adaptation the 2017 novel of the same name by Stephanie Perkins, with Patrick Brice directing. The film was produced by Shawn Levy's 21 Laps Entertainment and James Wan's Atomic Monster Productions, and was released on October 6, 2021.
- Ham Sandwich (2011) (Short film)
- Earth to Echo (2014)
- Shazam! (2019)
- There's Someone Inside Your House (2021)
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023)
- Meltdown (2009)
- The Monster (2016)
- Golden Arm (2020)
- ^ a b c Donahue, Michael (April 1, 2019). "Former Memphian Writes Shazam! Screenplay". Memphis Flyer. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ Levine, Noah (April 16, 2019). "Writer of "Shazam!," Henry Gayden, talks about the film's popularity, writing process". The Daily Texan. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ Beifuss, John (July 2, 2014). "Memphis writer creates alien adventure 'Earth to Echo'". Commercial Appeal. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ Roberts, Sheila (June 30, 2014). "Director Dave Green and Writer Henry Gayden Talk EARTH TO ECHO, Capturing the Attention of a Young Audience, Found Footage, and Echo's Design". Collider. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ Kit, Borys (January 19, 2017). "Dwayne Johnson's DC Villain Black Adam Getting His Own Movie". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on December 6, 2017. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- ^ Kit, Borys (July 2, 2016). "'Shazam!' Is Next DC Movie to Shoot (Exclusive)". Hollywoodreporter. Retrieved July 25, 2016.
- ^ Ramos, Dino-Ray (August 22, 2020). "'Shazam!': Zachary Levi And Cast Reveal Title Of Sequel, Remain Tight-Lipped On Details – DC FanDome". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ Gonzalez, Umberto (April 8, 2019). "'Shazam!' Writer Henry Gayden Will Return to Write Sequel (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- ^ Wiseman, Andreas (March 15, 2018). "Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster". Deadline. Retrieved March 24, 2019.
- ^ N'Duka, Amanda (March 14, 2019). "Patrick Brice To Helm 'There's Someone Inside Your House' Film For Netflix". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 24, 2019.
- ^ Fleming, Mike (August 23, 2021). "Netflix Dates Fall Movies: A Whopping 42 Movies Coming At You". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 23, 2021.
- Henry Gayden at IMDb