Type of site
|Popular culture, news|
|Editors||Bonnie Fuller (Editor-in-chief)|
Dina Sartore-Bodo (Managing editor)
Hollywood Life is an American digital media brand launched in 2009 by magazine editor Bonnie Fuller. The site covers celebrity, fashion, beauty, women issues, and entertainment news.
Hollywood Life was launched in 2009 as part of Penske Media Corporation by magazine editor Bonnie Fuller, who is the former editor of the magazines Cosmopolitan, Glamour, and Us Weekly. It began as a placeholder website and YouTube channel to cover news related to Hollywood.
The website began airing a weekly podcast in January 2015, hosted by editor-in-chief Bonnie Fuller, which includes discussion, debate, celebrity interviews and exclusives on celebrity news. In June 2015, Hollywood Life and PIX11, Tribune Broadcasting's New York flagship station, announced a content and cross-promotional partnership across all platforms. As part of the collaboration, Hollywood Life now provides PIX11 News with content on air and on PIX11.com.
By 2016, the site received between 20 and 35 million unique monthly visitors, publishing 650 posts per week with 70 percent of its audience coming from mobile. The site launched an annual Beauty Awards in 2018 and Fitness & Wellness Awards in 2019. It also has a GenNext Award given to women who have made accomplishments in their respective careers.
In 2021, Fuller purchased full ownership of the brand back from Penske Media.
Hollywood Life covers celebrity, fashion, beauty, and entertainment news. It also airs award shows and other pop culture events.
- Steigrad, Alexandra (6 November 2014). "HollywoodLife.com Names Dina Sartore-Bodo Managing Editor". WWD. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- Launder, William. "Bonnie Fuller Starts to Trend". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- Pathak, Shareen (4 November 2016). "Hollywood Life's Bonnie Fuller on life after magazines". Digiday. Retrieved 16 December 2020.
- "L.A. Launch List: Jan. 9". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- Fuller, Bonnie. "Hollywoodlife". podcastone.com. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "PIX11 Announces Content Partnership with HollywoodLife.com". 13 July 2018. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 16 December 2020.
- Ilchi, Layla (6 May 2018). "HollywoodLife.com Unveils First Beauty Awards". WWD. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- Larrabee-Zayas, Dory (25 February 2019). "Introducing The HollywoodLife Fitness &Health Awards: When & Where You Can SeeThe Winners". HollywoodLife. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- Stagnitta, Ali (6 September 2018). "HollywoodLife Announces First EverGenNext Award Honorees, In PartnershipWith Forbes & She Runs It". HollywoodLife. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- Kelly, Keith J. (21 January 2021). "Bonnie Fuller buys Hollywood Life from Penske Media". New York Post. Retrieved 28 January 2021.