|"I Am What I Am"|
|Single by Emma Muscat|
|Released||14 March 2022|
|Label||Warner Music Italy|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2022 entry|
|◄ "Je me casse" (2021)|
"I Am What I Am" is a 2022 song by Maltese singer Emma Muscat. The song was released on 14 March 2022, as a replacement for Muscat's previous entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022, "Out of Sight". The song is currently scheduled to represent Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 after Muscat won Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2022, Malta's national final.
The song was released on 14 March 2022, after heavy rumors that Muscat would change her song. According to the rules of the contest, the winner could send any song they wished, and could change it if they wanted to.
Eurovision Song Contest
According to Eurovision rules, all nations with the exceptions of the host country and the "Big Five" (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) are required to qualify from one of two semi-finals in order to compete for the final; the top ten countries from each semi-final progress to the final. The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) split up the competing countries into six different pots based on voting patterns from previous contests, with countries with favourable voting histories put into the same pot. On 25 January 2022, an allocation draw was held which placed each country into one of the two semi-finals, as well as which half of the show they would perform in. Malta has been placed into the second semi-final, to be held on 12 May 2022, and has been scheduled to perform 6th, in the first half of the show.
- "Rumours are true: Emma Muscat will sing "I Am What I Am" for Malta". ESCXTRA.com. 2022-03-14. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- Diacono, Tim (2022-03-13). "Listen: Emma Muscat's Potential 'New Eurovision Song' Has Been Leaked". Lovin Malta. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Malta: Emma Muscat will sing "I AM WHAT I AM" at Eurovision 2022". wiwibloggs. 2022-03-14. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- Grace, Emily (2022-03-14). "🇲🇹 Malta: Emma Muscat Confirms "I Am What I Am" As New Eurovision 2022 Entry". Eurovoix. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Rumours are true: Emma Muscat will sing "I Am What I Am" for Malta". ESCXTRA.com. 2022-03-14. Retrieved 2022-04-20.
- "Eurovision 2022: Which Semi-Final is your country performing in?". Eurovision.tv. EBU. 2022-01-25. Retrieved 2022-01-25.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Second Semi-Final". Eurovision.tv. EBU. 25 January 2022. Archived from the original on 29 March 2022. Retrieved 16 April 2022.