Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||33. Jhargram (ST)|
|Electorate (year)||184,109 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 222 Jhargram (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Jhargram municipality, Bandhgora, Manikpara, Radhanagar and Sapdhara gram panchayats of Jhargram community development block and Binpur I community development block.
|CPI (M)||Amar Basu||54,191||34.85||-19.97|
|Jharkhand Anushilan Party||Bholanath Mahata||5,452||3.51|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||24.29#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Amar Basu of CPI(M) won the Jhargram assembly seat defeating his nearest rival Shivendra Bijoy Malladeb of Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Mina Sanatani of CPI(M) defeated Makhan Lal Bangal of Trinamool Congress in 2001. Buddhadeb Bhakat of CPI(M) defeated Chaitanya Murmu of Congress in 1996 and Nikhil Maiti of Congress in 1991. Abani Bhusan Satpathi of CPI(M) defeated Bhabesh Mahata of Congress in 1987 and Birendra Bijoy Malladeb of Congress in 1982. Ram Chandra Satpathy of CPI(M) defeated Birendra Bijoy Malladeb of Congress in 1977.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Jhargram". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Jhargram. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Jhargram. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "231 - Jhargram Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.