John A. Kaneb
|Born||1934 (age 86–87)|
|Alma mater||Harvard College|
John A. Kaneb (born 1934) is the chairman of the board of directors and CEO of HP Hood LLC and president of the Catamount Companies. Kaneb is also a part owner of the Boston Red Sox. He has been named as one of the 50 Wealthiest Bostonians by Boston magazine.
Kaneb bought a controlling interest in Gulf Oil and tripled its sales to US$4.6 billion before selling it in 2005. The Kaneb family acquired HP Hood LLC in 1995 and increased its annual sales from US$600 million to about US$2.3 billion. Kaneb is also a part owner of the Boston Red Sox.
Besides his business work, Kaneb is a Trustee Emeritus of the University of Notre Dame. He is also an Emeritus Trustee of the Massachusetts General Hospital and Emeritus Trustee and former Chairman of the Board of McLean Hospital. He has worked on other boards and groups including the Board of Fellows of the Harvard Medical School. He was appointed by President George W. Bush to serve on the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission in 2004. As of 2008, he was vice-chair of that commission.
Kaneb is also Vice Chair Emeritus of the Finance Council, Chairman of the Clergy Funds Board and Vice Chair of the Catholic Schools Council of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston. He served as Trustee Emeritus and Finance Committee Chair at Partners HealthCare from 1994 to 2000. Kaneb is a member of Harvard University's Executive Committee on University Resources.
- "Massachusetts, Birth Index, 1860-1970". Retrieved September 17, 2020 – via Ancestry.com.
- "The 50 Wealthiest Bostonians". Boston. 2006-05-15. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Board of Fellows". hms.harvard.edu. Retrieved 2021-01-08.
- Owens, Howard B. (July 18, 2017). "HP Hood chairman confident $200 million investment in Batavia will pay off for dairy company and community". thebatavian.com. Retrieved September 17, 2020.
- Storrs, Francis (March 2006). "The 50 Wealthiest Bostontonians". Boston Magazine. Archived from the original on 2007-07-03. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "The Commissioners". National Prison Rape Elimination Commission. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Digest of other White House Announcements". Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents via findarticles.com. 2004-05-24. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[permanent dead link]
- http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/1996/03.21/RosenisFirstKan.html Archived 2015-12-08 at the Wayback Machine