|No. 41 – Beijing Ducks|
|League||Chinese Basketball Association|
|Born||April 1, 1990|
Newport Beach, California
|Nationality||American / Croatian|
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||Lone Peak (Highland, Utah)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 45th overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|2013–2014||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|2014||→Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Hamilton played college basketball for the Iowa State Cyclones from 2008 to 2010 under Greg McDermott, and Louisiana State University during the 2011–12 season under Trent Johnson after being required to redshirt the 2010–11 season due to NCAA transfer requirements.
In August 2012, Hamilton signed with KK Cibona and has expressed a desire to play for the Croatian national basketball team. In January 2013, he moved to VEF Rīga after an agreement with Cibona allowed him to switch clubs. He left the team in May.
On March 14, 2014, he signed with the Miami Heat for the rest of the season. On March 20, 2014, he was assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. On March 24, 2014, he was recalled by the Heat. The Heat made the 2014 NBA Finals, where they lost to the San Antonio Spurs in five games. Hamilton did not play a game in the 2014 playoffs for Miami.
On February 19, 2015, Hamilton was traded to the New Orleans Pelicans in a three-team trade involving the Phoenix Suns. On March 3, 2015, he was waived by the Pelicans before appearing in a game for them. Two days later, he was claimed off waivers by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
On July 27, 2015, Hamilton signed a one-year deal with Valencia of the Liga ACB and the Eurocup. Valencia reached the league's semi-finals and Hamilton earned All-Liga ACB First Team honours as the top power forward in the league.
On July 11, 2016, Hamilton signed a multi-year contract with the Brooklyn Nets. He made his debut for the Nets in their season opener on October 26, 2016 against the Boston Celtics. In 25 minutes off the bench, he recorded a career-high 19 points and 10 rebounds in a 122–117 loss. On December 20, 2016, he grabbed a career-high 11 rebounds in a 116–104 loss to the Toronto Raptors.
On July 13, 2017, Hamilton was traded to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for DeMarre Carroll, a future first-round pick and a future second-round pick. The next day, he was waived by the Raptors.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- 2013-14 Miami Heat Media Guide, p. 79.
- "Prospect Profile: Justin Hamilton – NBA.com". Archived from the original on July 2, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Dražen Brajdić (August 20, 2012). "Mama mi je Hrvatica i bilo bi fenomenalno igrati za Hrvatsku" (in Croatian). Večernji list. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- "VEF Rīga" pievienosies centra spēlētājs Džastins Hemiltons
- Miami Heat sign Eric Griffin and Justin Hamilton
- Miami Heat waive Eric Griffin and Justin Hamilton
- Skyforce Announces Initial 2013-14 Training Camp Invitees Archived November 7, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Eighth Annual NBA D-League All-Star Game Features 16 Players With NBA Experience Archived February 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Cats Sign Hamilton to 10-Day Contract
- HEAT Signs Justin Hamilton
- Justin Hamilton to Join Skyforce
- "Pelicans Complete Three-Team Trade with Miami, Phoenix". NBA.com. February 19, 2015.
- Pelicans Waive Justin Hamilton
- "Timberwolves Awarded Justin Hamilton Off Waivers". NBA.com. March 5, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- "Valencia adds big men Hamilton, Shurna". Eurocupbasketball.com. July 27, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Brooklyn Nets Sign Justin Hamilton". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 11, 2016. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- "Thomas scores 25, Celtics fight off Nets 122-117". ESPN.com. October 26, 2016. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "Lowry, Powell lead Raptors to 116-104 win over Nets". ESPN.com. December 20, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- "Raptors Acquire Hamilton From Nets". NBA.com. July 13, 2017. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Murphy, Blake (July 14, 2017). "Raptors waive Justin Hamilton". RaptorsRepublic.com. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Justin Hamilton signs with Beijing Ducks
- Justin Hamilton: Headed to China
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justin Hamilton.|