Dr. Kallam Anji Reddy
|Died||15 March 2013 (aged 74)|
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (now Telangana), India
|Occupation||Former Chairman, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories|
|Known for||Dr. Reddy's Laboratories|
|Net worth||(USD) $1.39 Billion|
|Relatives||Kallam Satish Reddy (son)|
G. V. Prasad (son-in-law)
Kallam Anji Reddy (1 February 1939 – 15 March 2013) was an Indian entrepreneur in the pharmaceutical industry, the founder-chairman of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, which he established in 1984, and chairman of Dr Reddy's Foundation (DRF), the corporate social responsibility arm of the group, established 1996. The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri in 2001 and later with the Padma Bhushan in 2011 for his contribution to the Indian pharmaceutical industry. He was a member of the Indian Prime Minister's Council on Trade and Industry.
Early life and education
After graduating from Annapotanna Bold High School, Reddy received his first Bachelor of Science degree from A.C. College at Guntur in 1958. He then earned his B.Sc.(Tech) in Pharmaceuticals and Fine chemicals from the University Department of Chemical Technology of University of Mumbai (now Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai), followed by a PhD in chemical engineering from the National Chemical Laboratory, Pune in 1969.
- "Always Reddy with a healthy dose". The Economic Times. 17 November 2008.
- "Dr Reddy's prescription of passion". Financial Express. 3 September 2006.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Govt announces Padma Awards | NDTV.com
- "Dr. Reddy's Struggles for Homegrown Hit to Escape Rival Clones". Bloomberg. 4 December 2006. Archived from the original on 13 July 2012.
- "Dr Reddy's: From Rs 25 lakh to Rs 5,800 crore". Rediff.com. p. 12 June 2007.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories founder chairman Dr. Kallam Anji Reddy passes away : Corporate, News – India Today