Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||14. Bangaon (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||197,604 (2011)|
Kalyani (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. The seat is reserved for scheduled castes. This constituency was constituted in 2011, as per orders of the Delimitation Commission.
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 92 Kalyani (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) is composed of the following: Kalyani municipality, Gayespur municipality and Chanduria II, Kanchrapara, Madanpur I, Madanpur II, Saguna, Sarati and Simurali gram panchayats of Kalyani community development block.
Members of Legislative Assembly
|Constituency||Name of M.L.A.||Party Affiliation|
|2011||Kalyani||Ramendranath Biswas||All India Trinamool Congress|
|CPI (M)||Sabuj Das|
In the 2011 election, Ramendranath Biswas of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Jyotsna Sikdar of CPI(M).
|AITC||Ramendra Nath Biswas||92,322||51.55|
|CPI (M)||Jyotsna Sikdar||76,632||42.79|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||8|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 3, constituencies abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "General Elections, India, 2011, to the Legislative Assembly of West Bengal" (PDF). Constituency-wise Data. Election Commission. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Cite error: The named reference
vidhansabha2021was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2021". Kalyani. Empowering India. Retrieved 20 April 2021. Check date values in:
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Kalyani. Empowering India. Retrieved 20 April 2011.