Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||35. Purulia|
|Electorate (year)||188,082 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 244 Kashipur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Kashipur community development block; Hura, Jabarrah, Kalabani, Keshargarh, Ladhurka, Lakhanpur and Rakhera Bishpuri gram panchayats of Hura community development block.
Members of Legislative Assembly
|2011||Swapan Kumar Belthariya||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2016||Swapan Kumar Belthariya||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2021||Kamalakanta Hansda||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|AITC||Swapan Kumar Belthariya||69,492||44.73||+9.03#|
|CPI (M)||Subhas Chandra Mahata||65,771||42.33||-13.75|
|BJP||Prasanta Singha Deo||3,933||2.53|
|BSP||Chitta Ranjan Mahato||1,965|
|AJSU||Subhas Chandra Mahato||991|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||22.78#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||7|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 3 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001 and 1996 state assembly elections, Rabindranath Hembram of CPI(M) won the Kashipur seat defeating Anath Bandhu Patar of Trinamool Congress, Buddheswar Saren of Trinamool Congress, and Subhas Chandra Patar of Congress respectively. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Surendranath Majhi of CPI(M) defeated Nandalal Saren of Congress in 1991, Anil Baran Murmu of Congress in 1987, Subhas Chandra Patar of Congress in 1982 and Rampada Majhi of Janata Party in 1977.
Madan Mohan Mahato of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Prabir Kumar Mallick of CPI won in 1969. N.S.Deo of Congress won in 1967. Budhan Majhi of Congress won in 1962. Ledu Majhi, Independent, and Budhan Majhi, Congress, won the Kashipur joint seat in 1957. In independent India's first election in 1951, there was a joint seat entitled Kashipur cum Raghunathpur. Budhan Majhi of Congress and Ananda Prasad Chakrabarty, Independent, won in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha" (PDF). Volume III Details For Assembly Segments Of Parliamentary Constituencies. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- "Kashipur Election 2021: Assembly Elections News, Kashipur Constituency, Vidhan Sabha Seat". News18. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- "Kashipur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Kashipur. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Kashipur. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "242 - Kashipur (ST) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2011.