Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||41. Bolpur (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||186,852 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 288 Labpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Labpur CD Block and Ahmedpur, Amarpur, Bhromorkol, Panrui, Sangra and Shrinidhipur gram panchayats of Sainthia CD Block.
In the 2016 elections, Manirul Islam of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Syed mahfu Karim of CPI(M).
|CPI (M)||Syed Mahfu Karim||70,825||36.69%|
In the 2011 elections, Manirul Islam of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Nabanita Mukherjee of CPI(M).
|CPI (M)||Nabanita Mukherjee||75,691||45.86||-11.83|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||+24.56#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||4|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections Nabanita Mukherjee of CPI(M) won the Labhpur assembly seat defeating Debasish Ojha of Trinamool Congress in 2006 and Arup Kumar Mishra of Trinamool Congress in 2001. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Manik Chandra Mondal of CPI(M) defeated Deb Ranjan Mukhopadhyay of Congress in 1996 and Eunus Mallick of Congress in 1991. Sunil Kumar Mazumdar of CPI(M) defeated Eunus Mallick of Congress in 1987, Sisir Dutta of Congress in 1982, and Eunus Mallick of Congress in 1977.
Nirmal Kumar Sinha of CPI won in 1972. Sunil Kumar Mazumdar of CPI won in 1971. Radhanath Chattoraj of CPI(M) won in 1969. S. Bandopadhyay of Congress won in 1967. Radhanath Chattoraj representing CPI won in 1962 and 1957. Prior to that the seat was not there.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 August 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Labpur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Labpur. Empowering India. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Labpur. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "285 – Labpur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010.