M.V. Subbiah chettiar is an Indian industrialist, patriarch of the Murugappa family, and a former executive chairman of the Murugappa Group, known for his turnaround of EID Parry. In 2012, he was awarded India's third highest civilian honor, the Padma Bhushan. From 2008 till 2013 he was the Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation. He studied Engineering at the University of Birmingham for two years (but did not graduate) and got his Diploma in Industrial Administration from Aston University. He also studied at Harvard Business School. He was awarded an honorary DUniv by Birmingham University in 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2013-08-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "M. V. Subbiah relinquishes office". The Hindu. 2004-01-20. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "'Let's adopt the German system'". Indian Express. 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- admin (2013-05-06). "S Ramadorai takes over as NSDC chairman". IndiaEducationReview. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- Stocks (2018-04-09). "Stocks - Bloomberg". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Manchester United's Chief Exec and BBC Sport Boss Honoured by the University of Birmingham". Birmingham.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-13.