|Maldives at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Maldives Olympic Committee|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||4 in 3 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
The Maldives is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be the nation's ninth appearance at the Summer Olympics since its debut in 1988.
The following is the list of number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Hassan Saaid||Men's 100 m|
For the first time since London 2012, Maldives entered one badminton player into the Olympic tournament. Fathimath Nabaaha Abdul Razzaq accepted the invitation from the Tripartite Commission and the Badminton World Federation to compete in the women's singles.
|Athlete||Event||Group Stage||Elimination||Quarterfinal||Semifinal||Final / BM|
|Fathimath Nabaaha Abdul Razzaq||Women's singles|| He (CHN)
( , )
| Aghaei (IRI)
( , )
Maldives received a universality invitation from FINA to send two top-ranked swimmers (one per gender) in their respective individual events to the Olympics, based on the FINA Points System of June 28, 2021.
|Mubal Azzam Ibrahim||Men's 100 m freestyle|
|Aishath Sajina||Women's 100 m breaststroke|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Road to Olympic Games 2020". World Athletics. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- Hussain, Ageel (3 June 2021). "Neykurendhoo Nabaaha will hoist the Maldivian flag at the Tokyo Olympic Games". Thiladhunmathi Times. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2021.