|Mali at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Comité National Olympique et Sportif du Mali|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||4 in 3 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Mali is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the nation made its debut in 1964, Malian athletes have appeared in every edition of the Summer Olympic Games, with the exception of the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal because of the African boycott.
The following is the list of number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Fodé Sissoko||Men's 100 m|
|Djenebou Dante||Women's 100 m||N/A|
|Sebastien Kouma||Men's 100 m breaststroke|
Mali entered one athlete into the taekwondo competition at the Games. Seydou Fofana secured a spot in the men's lightweight category (68 kg) with a top two finish at the 2020 African Qualification Tournament in Rabat, Morocco.
|Athlete||Event||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Seydou Fofana||Men's −68 kg|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Road to Olympic Games 2020". World Athletics. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- "Tokyo Olympics Entry Lists Released, Swimming Begins July 24". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- "Taekwondo: Seydou Fofana premier Malien qualifié aux JO 2020" [Taekwondo: Seydou Fofana becomes the first Malian to qualify for 2020 Olympics] (in French). Radio France Internationale. 23 February 2020. Retrieved 24 February 2020.