Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||38. Bardhaman Purba|
|Electorate (year)||203,280 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 265 Memari assembly constituency covers Memari municipality, Memari I community development block, and Kuchut, Satgachhia II gram panchayats of Memari II community development block. Barapalason-I, Barapalason-II, Bohar-I, Bohar-II, Bijur-I, Bijur-II and Satgachhia-I gram panchayats of Memari II community development block are part of Manteswar (Vidhan Sabha constituency).
|AITC||Abul Hasan Mondal||89,083||48.24||+12.89#|
|CPI (M)||Debasis Ghosh||85,905||46.52||-14.11|
|JMM||Ananda Mohan Biswas||2,036|
|People’s Democratic Conference of India||Radharani Murmu||1,578|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||+27.00#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|West Bengal Legislative Assembly elections, 2011 |
Bardhaman district summary
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
Sandhya Bhattacharya of CPI(M) won the Memari assembly seat defeating her nearest rival Sk. Mohammad Ismile of Trinamool Congress in the 2006 assembly elections. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In 2001 and 1996, Tapas Chattopadhyay of CPI(M) defeated Syed Mustaq Murshed of Trinamool Congress and Naba Kumar Chatterjee of Congress in the respective years. In 1991, 1987 and 1982, Maharani Konar of CPI(M) defeated Abdul Ohidmolla, Naba Kumar Chatterjee and Sabyasachi Samanta, all of Congress, in the respective years. In 1977, Benoy Konar of CPI(M) defeated Surya Narayan Pal of Janata Party.
Naba Kumar Chatterjee of Congress won in 1972. Benoy Krishna Konar of CPI(M) won in 1971 and 1969. P.Bishayee won in 1967. In 1962, Suchand Soren of CPI won the Memari seat reserved for scheduled tribes. Prior to that the seat did not exist.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Memari". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Memari. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2013" (PDF). Memari. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "275 – Memari Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-10-30.