|Alma mater||Johns Hopkins University, Hebrew University of Jerusalem|
|Fields||Environmental Engineering, Membrane Technology, Desalination, Water-Energy Nexus|
|Institutions||Yale University, University of California, Los Angeles|
|Doctoral advisor||Charles R. O'Melia|
Menachem Elimelech is the Roberto C. Goizueta professor of environmental and chemical engineering at Yale University. In 1998, he founded Yale's environmental engineering program, for which he continues to serve as director. Elimelech specializes in problems involving physicochemical, colloidal, and microbial processes in engineered and natural environmental systems.
Elimelech graduated summa cum laude from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem with B.S. and M.S. degrees in 1983 and 1985, respectively. He earned his Ph.D. in environmental engineering at Johns Hopkins University in 1989 under the direction of Charles R. O’Melia. His dissertation was titled “The Effect of Particles Size on the Kinetics of Deposition of Brownian Particles in Porous Media.”
Elimelech was professor and vice chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UCLA. He moved to Yale University in 1998, he founded Yale's Environmental Engineering Program. He is currently program director.
- W.M. Keck Foundation Engineering Teaching Excellence Award (1994)
- Yale University Graduate Mentoring Award (2004)
- Athalie Richardson Irvine Clarke Prize (2005)
- Election to the National Academy of Engineering (2006)
- Yale University Postdoctoral Mentoring Prize (2012)
- Eni Award (2015)
Elimelech has written more than 320 journal articles, and is co-author of the book Particle Deposition and Aggregation (1995).
- "Menachem Elimelech". Yale School of Engineering & Applied Science. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "For the Second Year, Environmental Engineering Makes The U.S. News' Top 10". Yale School of Engineering & Applied Science. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Research at the Nexus | Elimelech Research Group". elimelechlab.yale.edu. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Menachem Elimelech CV" (PDF). July 9, 2017.
- "Clarke Prize Laureates - National Water Research Institute". www.nwri-usa.org. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Dr. Menachem Elimelech". NAE Website. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Elimelech Wins 2012 Yale University Postdoctoral Mentoring Prize". Yale School of Engineering & Applied Science. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Eni Award 2015, Menachem Elimelech. Innovative technology for the desalination of water | Eni". www.eni.com. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Menachem Elimelech - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2017-07-10.