This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's deletion discussion page.
Type of site
|Entertainment news, movie reviews and releases, forums, and videos.|
|Registration||Optional, registration needed for some services|
MovieWeb is an entertainment news website and video brand.
MovieWeb reports on entertainment news through their long-running website and related social media and video platforms. The site also maintains a searchable database of films.
MovieWeb first launched in 1995; by 1997 it was reported to be in operation supported by a 4-person team publishing movie information that, while not 'slick', had a 'certain charm'. Previously, MovieWeb was owned by WatchR Media, Inc., a privately held Las Vegas company. In 2021 it was estimated the Movieweb website had 8 million unique visits for the month of July. Movieweb has been owned and operated by online publisher Valnet Inc since September 2021 upon completion of the acquisition from WatchR.
In August 2000, MovieWeb announced a collaboration with video rental chain Video Update and video retail software provider Unique Business Systems Inc.
MovieWeb acts as a distribution partner of Hulu. MovieWeb also produces video content for IMDb.com.
- ^ a b "MovieWeb, Inc.:Private Company Information". Businessweek. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- ^ Huffstutter, P.J. (21 December 1998). "An Online Fix for Movie Fans". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- ^ Vice, Jeff (11 April 1998). "Movie review sites abound on the Web". Deseret News. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- ^ Dresner, Denise (1999). Bennett, Graham (ed.). Directory of Web Sites. Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers. p. 239. ISBN 9781579581794.
- ^ "MovieWeb.com". LinkedIn. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- ^ Harris, Krissy (29 July 1997). "Discovery Channel Online". Los Angeles Times.
- ^ "Watchr Media". Watchr Media. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- ^ "Acquisition of MovieWeb.com and TvWeb.com by Valnet Inc". Business Wire. 10 September 2021. Retrieved 10 February 2023.
- ^ "MovieWeb.com, Video Update and Unique Business Systems Join to Launch the MovieWeb Video Retail Network". Business Wire. 29 August 2000. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- ^ "Distribution Partners". Hulu. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- ^ "MovieWeb 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2018". IMDb. Retrieved 3 April 2018.