Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Type||Reserved for ST|
|Lok Sabha constituency||33. Jhargram (ST)|
|Electorate (year)||174,987 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 220 Nayagram (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (ST) is composed of the following: Nayagram and Gopiballavpur I community development blocks, and Chorchita, Kuliana and Nota gram panchayats of Gopiballavpur II CD Block.
|CPI (M)||Bhutnath Soren||59,382||39.51||-21.32|
|BJP||Chitta Ranjan Hembram||8,304|
|Independent||Subodh Kumar Mandi||4,054|
|JDP||Madan Mohan Hansda||2,894|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||52.04|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
In 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections Bhutnath Saren of CPI(M) won the Nayagram assembly seat defeating Shunaram Mahali of Trinamool Congress in 2006 and Mangal Hansda of JMM in 2001. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Subhas Chandra Saren of CPI(M) defeated Madhu Sudan Saren of Congress in 1996. Ananta Saren of CPI(M) defeated Bishnu Saren of Jharkhand Party in 1991, Dasarathi Saren of Congress in 1987, and Liba Chand Tudu, Independent, in 1982. Budhadeb Singh of CPI(M) defeated Subodh Handa of Janata Party in 1977.
Dasarathi Saren of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Jagarati Hansda of Bangla Congress won in 1969 and 1967. Debendranath Hansda won the Nayagram seat in 1962. Prior to that the Nayagram seat was not there.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Nayagram". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Nayagram. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Nayagram. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "229 - Nayagram (ST) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.