The Old Sorting Office
|Address||49 Station Road, Barnes|
London, SW13 0LF
England, United Kingdom
|Public transit||Barnes Barnes Bridge|
|Current use||Theatre and arts centre|
The OSO Arts Centre is a theatre and arts centre located in Barnes in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. The building was previously the postal sorting office, but was redeveloped into a mixture of residential and commercial space with the first residents moving in in 1999. In 2002 the arts centre opened and in 2012 the OSO Arts Centre came under the direction of a new board of trustees. The building is located on Barnes Green, and provides arts services to the community, both in the form of evening performances in the theatre space, and daytime dance and art classes. Some well-known names have performed at the OSO over the years including Patricia Hodge, Timothy West, Stephanie Cole, Julian Glover, and Robert Pattinson.
- "OSO Arts Centre". ArtsRichmond.
- "OSO Community Arts Centre". VisitRichmond.
- "The Old Sorting Office". Barnes Village.
- "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1". cinemareview.com. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- "Mrs Warren's Profession at the OSO". Richmond and Twickenham Times. 13 February 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- Proto, Laura (22 April 2015). "Holly Willoughby to delight at inaugural Barnes Children's Literature Festival". Richmond and Twickenham Times. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- Thompson, Jessie (8 June 2017). "First World War's final months told through six stories in new dramas". Evening Standard. Retrieved 1 July 2020.