Panniyampilly Krishnankuty Warrier
|Born|| (1921-05-22) 22 May 1921 (age 99)|
|Notable awards||Padma Bushan|
Panniyampilly Krishnankuty Warrier (born 22 May 1921), popularly known as P. K. Warrier, is an Indian Ayurveda practitioner. He was born in Kottakkal, Malappuram district in the state of Kerala, India. He is the chief Physician and Managing trustee of Arya Vaidya Sala. He is the youngest nephew of Vaidyaratnam P. S. Warrier, the founder of Arya Vaidya Sala.
Awards and honors
In 1999 he was awarded an honorary D.Litt by University of Calicut.He has won Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Biography and Autobiography for Smrithi Parvam in 2008. P.K. Warrier was awarded the 30th Dhanvanthri Award by the then Maharashtra Governor P. C. Alexander. Warrier received the Padma Shri in 1999 and the Padma Bhushan Award in 2010 from the Government of India for his contribution to Ayurveda. He celebrated his 99th birthday in 2020.
- GG Gangadharan. "Padmashri P. K. Warrier, Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakkal". Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 November 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Calicut University honorary degree recipients" (PDF). University of Calicut. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "30th Dhanvantari Award conferred to Dr. P. K. Warrier". Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Padma Bhushan Awardees
- "Aamir, Rahman awarded Padma Bhushan". The Hindustan Times. 31 March 2010. Archived from the original on 5 June 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- "AMMOI felicitates Dr P K Warrier, E T Narayanan Mooss in Thrissur". Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- Veteran ayurveda physician PK Warrier turns 99
- "Award ceremony". Retrieved 7 August 2014.