The London Borough of Redbridge, one of the northern peripheral London boroughs, has within its boundaries parts of two large open spaces: Epping Forest and Wanstead Flats. Apart from many smaller parks, gardens and sports grounds, the following are the main open spaces in Redbridge:
- Claybury Woods and Park
- Epping Forest – portions near Woodford (also Wanstead Park, see below)
- Hainault Forest Country Park: 136 hectares (340 acres)
- Hainault Lodge Nature Reserve: 6.8 hectares (17 acres)
- Fairlop Waters: an open space with two lakes and a golf course, at Fairlop
- Goodmayes Park
- Loxford Park
- Seven Kings Park
- Roding Valley Park
- South Park, Ilford 13.5 hectares (33 acres) 
- Valentines Park, Ilford: 52 hectares (130 acres)
- Wanstead Flats
- Wanstead Park (with lakes) and the Wanstead Golf Course
Fairlop Waters Country Park is one of 11 parks throughout Greater London chosen to receive money for redevelopment by a public vote, in 2009. The park received £400,000 towards better footpaths, more lighting, refurbished public toilets and new play areas for children.
The parks are patrolled by the Redbridge Community Police Team.
- "Natural England citation, Hainault Forest" (PDF). Natural England. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Brian Ecott (2013). "Hainault Lodge Local Nature Reserve". Hainault Forest Website. Brian Ecott. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Management Plan. South Park 2011–2016. Redbridge.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Valentines Park Management Plan 2009–2013". London Borough of Redbridge. p. 9. Archived from the original on 7 April 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- London parks get £6m for revamp (BBC News) accessed 10 March 2009