|29th Governor of Bihar|
|Assumed office |
29 July 2019
|Chief Minister||Nitish Kumar|
|Preceded by||Lalji Tandon|
|Member of Legislative Assembly for |
March 2017 – July 2019
|Preceded by||Shudhakar Singh|
October 1996 – March 2012
|Preceded by||Achaibar Bharti|
|Succeeded by||Shudhakar Singh|
June 1991 – December 1992
|Succeeded by||Achaibar Bharti|
March 1985 – November 1989
|Born||1 January 1948|
Sekhupur, Azamgarh, United Provinces, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|National Democratic Alliance|
|Residence||Sekhupur, Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh |
Vijayant Khand, Gomtinagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Phagu Chauhan (born 1 January 1948) is an Indian politician serving as the 29th and current Governor of Bihar. He is a former member of 17th Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh from Ghosi, a seat he won for a record six times, representing various parties like Lok Dal, Bahujan Samaj Party, and Bharatiya Janata Party.
Chauhan was born on 1 January 1948 in the village of Sekhpura in Azamgarh district of present-day Uttar Pradesh to Kharpattu Chauhan. He is a graduate. Chauhan is married to Muhari Devi, with whom he has three sons and four daughters.
Chauhan started his political career in 1985 from the political party Dalit Mazdoor Kisan Party and become first time MLA in his political career after that he contested many Legislative Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) election from different party and won maximum number of times. In 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election he contested as Bharatiya Janata Party candidate from Ghosi and defeated his close contestant Abbas Ansari from Bahujan Samaj Party with a margin of 7,003 votes.
|01||July 2019||Incumbent||Governor of Bihar|||
|02||March 2017||July 2019||Member, 17th Legislative Assembly||BJP|||
|03||May 2007||March 2012||Member, 15th Legislative Assembly||BSP|||
|04||February 2002||May 2007||Member, 14th Legislative Assembly||BJP|||
|05||October 1996||March 2002||Member, 13th Legislative Assembly||BJP|||
|06||June 1991||December 1992||Member, 11th Legislative Assembly||JD|||
|07||March 1985||November 1989||Member, 9th Legislative Assembly||DMKP|||
- "Election Commission Of India General Election To Vidhan Sabha Trends & Result 2017". eciresults.nic.in. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Myneta, Election Watch".
- "Ghosi - Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election Results 2017".
- "Member Profile". official website of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh. Archived from the original on 16 December 2018. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- Mishra, Dipak (30 August 2019). "Bihar governor attends BJP-backed 'caste meeting', Sushil Modi says it's for social harmony". ThePrint. Retrieved 19 August 2020.
- "Senior BJP Leader Phagu Chauhan Appointed Governor of Bihar, to Take Over From Lal Ji Tandon". News18. 20 July 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- PTI (29 July 2019). "Phagu Chauhan sworn in as Bihar Governor". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- Digital Bihar desk (20 July 2019). "फागू चौहान होंगे बिहार के नये राज्यपाल, राष्ट्रपति ने जारी की अधिसूचना, ...जानें कौन हैं?". Prabhat Khabar (in Hindi). Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- "Uttar Pradesh 2017 Result" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "2007 Election Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "2002 Election Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "1996 Election Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "1991 Election Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "1985 Election Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. Retrieved 15 December 2018.