|Founded||1987(as Stanford Medical Youth Science Program)|
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit based in Palo Alto, California. Its goal is to connect low-income and first-gen students with partner colleges and universities.
In 1987, Stanford University students Marc Lawrence and Michael McCullough started the Stanford Medical Youth Science Program as an outreach program for eight low-income students from East Palo Alto who were interested in a future in medicine. This program eventually led to the launch of the Quest program in 1994, then called the Stanford Youth Environmental Science Program (SYESP), aimed specifically at Stanford. Although they initially expanded to include Harvard University, this program ended by 2002 as the focus returned to Stanford. By 2004, the program had evolved into QuestBridge. Over the next decade QuestBridge developed partnerships with a number of colleges.
According to the Columbia Daily Spectator in 2021, QuestBridge's goal is to match "high school students with a full-ride offer of admission from one of its 45 partner universities. Targeting students based on data from admissions tests and networks of guidance counselors, QuestBridge aims to reach high-achieving students well before the typical January application deadlines, offering mentoring programs that make the admissions process—which traditionally advantages wealthy students—more accessible for low-income applicants."
As of 2023[update], the National College Match officially has 50 partner colleges, a mix of research universities and liberal arts colleges.
- Amherst College
- Barnard College
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Bowdoin College
- Brown University
- Colby College
- Colgate University
- College of the Holy Cross
- Columbia University
- Dartmouth College
- Hamilton College
- Haverford College
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Middlebury College
- Princeton University
- Smith College
- Swarthmore College
- Tufts University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Vassar College
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- Yale University
- ^ Wei, Kelly (2019-12-05). "QuestBridge matches up". Yale Daily News. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ "Inside Emory Admission: Quest Scholars Network at Emory University". Emory University. 2019-10-30. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ Quiaoit, Jed (2020-12-13). "QuestBridge first to welcome Stanford's Class of 2025". Stanford University. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ Chen, Kristina (2020-08-12). "MIT becomes only QuestBridge partner with non-binding admission". MIT. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ a b Melbourne, Abby (2021-02-03). "Barnard announces QuestBridge partnership". Columbia Daily Spectator. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ Chiem, Ngan (2020-07-26). "U. shifts to binding Questbridge admissions policy". The Daily Princetonian. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ a b "Boston College joins QuestBridge". Boston College. 2020-01-06. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ a b c d "Questbridge: History". Questbridge. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ "Press Release: January 19, 2023". Questbridge. Retrieved 2023-01-19.
- ^ "Questbridge: College Partners". Questbridge. Retrieved 2022-01-19.