Rajendra Singh Pawar
|Alma mater||IIT Delhi|
|Children||Udai, Urvashi, Unnati|
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (2011)|
Rajendra Singh Pawar (born 6 March 1951) is an Indian businessman and the chairman of NIIT, which he co-founded along with Vijay K. Thadani. He also founded NIIT University, which is a not-for-profit university in Neemrana, in 2009.
Early life and education
Pawar was born on 6 March 1951. He completed his schooling from Scindia School in Gwalior. He graduated from the IIT, Delhi in 1972 and was awarded an Honorary Doctoral Degree by the Rajiv Gandhi Technical University in 2005.
Pawar is a member of the National Task Force on Information Technology and Software Development. He heads the Quality Committees of various Industry bodies, including the South African President's International Advisory Council (PIAC) on Information Society.
He has led several ICT industry initiatives and played a significant part in shaping the IT policies of the Government of India. Pawar has worked closely with the country's educational institutions. He is on the Board of Governors of India's first global business school, the Indian School of Business; and the Scindia School.
Awards and honours
- "NIIT Board of Directors". Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "NIIT University Leadership". Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "Board of Governors". The Scindia School. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "ISB Governing Board | Indian School of Business | Indian School of Business (ISB)". www.isb.edu. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "Govt announces Padma Awards". NDTV.com. 25 January 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "NIIT pioneered IT education in India". Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- ET Bureau (27 April 2011). "NIIT's Pawar appointed Nasscom chairman - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Breakfast with BS Rajendra Pawar". Business Standard. 20 January 2013.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954–2013)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Archived from the original on 15 November 2014.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link) ()