Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||42. Birbhum|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 291, Rampurhat (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Rampurhat municipality, Rampurhat I CD Block and Bharkata, Gonpur, Hinglow, Kapista, Rampur and Sekedda gram panchayats of Mohammad Bazar CD Block.
In the 2016
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006. For Trinamool Congress alone the swing was -0.02%.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||4|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections, Asish Banerjee of Trinamool Congress won the Rampurhat assembly constituency defeating Nirad Baran Mandal of Forward Bloc in 2006, and Md. Hannan of Forward Bloc in 2001. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Md. Hannan of Forward Block defeated Satyendra Nath Das of BJP in 1996. Sashanka Mondal of Forward Bloc defeated Satyendra Nath Das of BJP in 1991, Asish Banerjee of Congress in 1987, Ananda Gopal Roy of Congress in 1982 and Tapas Kumar Mukhopadhyay of Janata Party in 1977.
Ananda Gopal Roy of Congress won in 1972. Braja Mohan Mukherjee of CPI(M) won in 1971. Sasanka Sekhar Mongal of Forward Bloc won in 1969 and 1967. Niharika Majumdar of Congress won in 1962. In 1957 and 1951 Rampurhat was a joint seat. Gobardhan Das of CPI and Durgapada Das, Independent, won in 1957. In independent India's first election in 1951 Panchanan Let and Srikumar Bandopadhyay, both of Forward Block, won.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Rampurhat". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Rampurhat. Empowering India. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Rampurhat. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "291 – Rampurhat Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010.