|Single by Malik Harris|
|from the album Anonymous Colonist (Rockstars Edition)|
|Released||4 February 2022|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2022 entry|
|◄ "I Don't Feel Hate" (2021)|
"Rockstars" is a 2022 song by German singer Malik Harris. The song represented Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy after winning Germany 12 Points, Germany's national final. It finished in last (25th) place at Eurovision with six points, all from televoting as it received no points from jury votes. The song reached number fifty-three in the German charts.
According to Harris, "Rockstars" was written after Harris watched his favorite episode of The Office, "Finale". A quote from character Andy Bernard, "I wish there was a way to know you’re in the Good Old Days – before you’ve actually left them", would inspire the song for Harris.
Eurovision Song Contest
According to Eurovision rules, all nations with the exceptions of the host country and the "Big Five" (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) are required to qualify from one of two semi-finals in order to compete for the final; the top ten countries from each semi-final progress to the final. As a member of the "Big Five", Germany automatically qualifies to compete in the final on 14 May 2022. In addition to their participation in the final, Germany was also required to broadcast and vote in one of the two semi-finals. This was decided via a draw held during the semi-final allocation draw on 25 January 2022, when it was announced that Germany would vote in the second semi-final.
|Germany (Official German Charts)||42|
- "Malik Harris – Rockstars Lyrics".
- Jiandani, Sanjay (2022-03-04). "Germany: wins Germany 12 Points and will fly to Turin!". Eurovision News, Polls and Information by ESCToday. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- Debnath, Neela (15 May 2022). "Eurovision 2022 winner: Who won the Eurovision Song Contest 2022?". Daily Express. Retrieved 15 May 2022.
- "Malik Harris: "I wrote Rockstars after watching an episode of my favorite show The Office"". ESCUnited. 2022-03-03. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "Rules - Eurovision Song Contest". EBU. 12 January 2017. Archived from the original on 2020-04-08. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Eurovision 2022: Which Semi-Final is your country performing in?". Eurovision.tv. EBU. 2022-01-25. Retrieved 2022-01-25.
- "Malik Harris – Rockstars" (in German). GfK Entertainment charts. Retrieved 13 May 2022.