Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||33. Jhargram (ST)|
|Electorate (year)||208,442 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 234 Salboni (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Bhimpur, Bishnupur, Debgram, Lalgeria and Shalboni gram panchayats of Salboni community development block, Goaltor, Gohaldanga, Jeerapara, Makli, Patharpara and Pingbani gram panchayats of Garhbeta II community development block, and Garhbeta III community development block.
In the 2011 election, Srikanta Mahato of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Abhiram mahato of CPI(M).
|CPI (M)||Abhiram Mahato||87,727||45.29||-9.42|
|BJP||Dhiman Kumar Kolay||5,439||2.81|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||19.68|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001 and 1996 state assembly elections, Khagendranath Mahata of CPI(M) won the Salboni assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals, Uttara Singha (Hazra) of Trinamool Congress in 2006, Dinen Roy of Trinamool Congress in 2001, and Tapas Das of Jharkhand Party (Naren) in 1996. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Sundar Hazra of CPI(M) defeated Bijoy Mahata of Janata Party in 1991, Basanti Mahata of Congress in 1987, Kali Sadhan Mahata of Congress in 1982, and Basanti Mahata of Congress in 1977.
Thakurdas Mahata of CPI won in 1972. Sundar Hazra of CPI(M) won in 1971. Amulya Ratan Mahata of Bangla Congress won in 1969 and 1967. Niranjan Khamrai of Congress won in 1962. The Salboni seat did not exist in 1957. In independent India's first election in 1951, Bejoy Gopal Goswami, Independent, won the Salboni seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Salboni". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Salboni. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Salboni. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "222 - Salbani Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.