Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||36. Bankura|
|Electorate (year)||188,583 (2011)|
|• MLA||Chandana Bauri|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 247 Saltora (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) is composed of the following: Saltora and Mejia community development blocks; Banasuria, Barashal, Lachhmanpur and Latiaboni gram panchayats of Gangajalghati community development block.
Members of Legislative Assembly
|2011||Swapan Bouri||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2016||Swapan Bouri||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2021||Chandana Bauri||Bharatiya Janata Party|
In the 2011 elections, Swapan Bauri of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Sashthi Charan Bauri of CPI(M).
|CPI (M)||Sasthi Charan Bauri||69,900||42.82||-16.29|
|BJP||Mangal Chandra Mandal||10,741||6.58|
|AITC gain from CPI (M)||Swing||27.72#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006, for the now defunct Gangajalghati constituency.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||7|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Saltora Election 2021: Assembly Elections News, Saltora Constituency, Vidhan Sabha Seat". News18. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- "Saltora". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Saltora. Empowering India. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Saltora. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011.